NAD ! Marshall 2104 combo

riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 344
Partly nostalgia and a desire to downsize from a 1/2 stack gave me the idea of getting a marshall combo just like the one I used to have .

After some searching I picked up this one . It's a 79 and exactly the same as the one I used to have . Got it for a good price due to the castor cups on the top, but they'd been done professionally and the amp has been really like after and is in great shape .

All the classic sounds are in there and the amp has more gain and bass than I remember too ! Sounds great .

photo 358BEC5E-843A-47C2-B8AC-B0A5A9251998_zpsmrdf2rg3.jpg
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    These are great! I can remember people selling them for £200 in the late nineties, should have picked up a load of them!
  • Yep , that's how much I sold mine for !
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72642
    You do realise that since it's had the proper Marshall foot cups fitted to the top, you need another one now?

These are great amps and even now, very undervalued for what they are compared to a head and cab of the same age.

What speakers does it have - G12-65s? The dust caps are the larger type and I think that's the first year they used them. They do have more bottom end than the 25s, slightly - that might explain the difference in sound if your old one had the 25s.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:
    You do realise that since it's had the proper Marshall foot cups fitted to the top, you need another one now?

These are great amps and even now, very undervalued for what they are compared to a head and cab of the same age.

What speakers does it have - G12-65s? The dust caps are the larger type and I think that's the first year they used them. They do have more bottom end than the 25s, slightly - that might explain the difference in sound if your old one had the 25s.

ICBM , that's funny ,?i showed the amp to my friend , and when he saw the caps he said "you should get 2 !!" Maybe I should ! Yes it has 65's , I think my original one had them too , I suspect the lack of gain and bass might be due to problems with the amp , it had a few problems and started to not sound as good so I sold it . In retrospect I should have found a better amp tech !
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31663
    I had one until about 1990. I sold it after having to carry it across a field and a gravel car park to a wedding marquee.
    Sounded great though.