SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - Compressor Pedal - something tasty ideally with a small footprint.

What's Hot
DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2228
So chaps before I spend some cash online, anybody have a decent compressor knocking about? Ideally Wampler, Xotic etc
I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25563
    edited February 2015
    Get reading and pick one! The Wampler Ego and the Xotic SP are hugely different.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3308
    I've been rpund and round this circle for a couple months and still not decided which one I want.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2228
    @fretmeister

Sadly I think i need to get into the car and pick one. Nearest store would probably be guitarguitar or andertons. I've owned a customcomp before and I really liked that, nice and quiet. It's just I've owned a bbpreamp and a few wampler pedals and both really impressed me. The foot print of the SP is great.

@dejavoo I'm not sure why compressors are so tricky to find. It's llike a distortion or overdrive pedal haha
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31591
    If I were to suggest, I still love the Demeter- it's just so transparent....

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10104
    Recently got a magical Barber Tone Press - very quiet and lovely sounds
  • Fairfield Circuitry Accountant for me as soon as funds allow it. I have the mooer yellow comp at present. Actually quite good.
  • ellangusellangus Frets: 250
    edited February 2015
    Recently got a magical Barber Tone Press - very quiet and lovely sounds
    +1 for the tone press, and, look:

Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JHS Pulp n peel does the biz for me
  • I loathe compressors with a passion... normally, but the Demeter is an amazing comp.  I've never tried a Barber but have only ever heard good reports so that's certainly to I would be checking out.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2228
    Thanks chaps, just bought that lovely barber. Fingers crossed the search is over! :D Thanks again for all the suggestions.