Amplitube Slash

What's Hot
daveyhdaveyh Frets: 687
edited February 2015 in Studio & Recording
Anyone used this and is it any good?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Yeh I've got it, I really like it. Only problem is I use it through an iPad and get a lot of feedback when monitoring, annoying as it sounds great!
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 687
    What are you using for an interface?
    Interestingly I played through the free Jamup thing tonite, the included model was a Pleximwith a tube screamer in front. Perfect. And free.
  • I've got the full amplitube slash desktop version as well as a couple of other amps from the custom shop. I have demo'd every amp. I find amplitube very hit and miss. When it's a hit though, it is superb. The Slash pack is not only a hit but it's easily the best gear on there. I play a jubilee live and find that the sig slash jubilee comes darn close. (The difference is quite possibly the difference in my 1x12 2550 compared to the 2555 and that the 2555sl has different valves) I have no experience with the afd100 but it's pretty fun to play, if a little dark. I think the key to it is the slash 1960s with v30s though - through any other cab those amps sound lifeless, and other non slash amps sound great through the slash cab. Those cabs have become my key to getting a good tone on amplitube. You get a decent usable array of effects with the slash pack too. I use the Mxr cae boost in front of the amps for a little more saturation and the boss dd3 is really good. I found that I preferred guitar rig until I got the slash pack, but now I don't bother with gr. I only had the trial anyway, but it doesn't sound as good for my purposes as amplitube. I prefer guitar rigs plexi and 800 models, but neither sound as good as a boosted 2555 with the slash v30 cab. Other notable mentions for amplitube have to be the jet city amps. I used to own one and found the modelling accurate. The orange amps sound very accurate to every orange amp I've played too... Ie horribly thick and fuzzy and wooly. I suppose ultimately it's about what you want it for. If you want to sound as close to slash as is possible then it's great. If you want a versatile sound pack then erm... No, you'll sound like Slash. Having said that the jubilee isn't that Slash sounding. I don't need to list the players that have used one over the years, but even Slash never recorded with it, it has always been his live amp. You don't plug in to a Jube and then have a eureka 'that's X gnr song tone' moment, that's what the afd is for as it has the switch to switch between the appetite amp and the #34 mod JCM 800 he used on everything else. So the jube does make the pack appeal to non slash fans... And snobs can't complain about the diode clipping in the jube model as its all fake! If I didn't own a jube then I may not have bought it... I'm really interested in bias and have always liked revalver, but I'm glad I got it. I do find myself putting appetite on and jamming along, you can absolutely nail the afd tone. you should definitely trial the amps and cabs in custom shop!

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

edited February 2015
    I had a 2555 custom (black Jubilee), it being the best amp I've ever had and pretty much the sound I've chased since so that's what interested me.
  • Are you looking at the desktop or IOS version? If desktop, download the free amplitube version and the custom shop and you can trial the jubilee for 72 hours

iOS I'm afraid
  • MickMick Frets: 98
    The Slash pack is not only a hit but it's easily the best gear on there!
    Can I ask how much the Slash pack is in the custom shop?  I mean how many credits?
  • I'm not sure, I bought it outright and it doesn't say how much in the custom shop because I own it. I *think* it's 160 credits which works out at way more than the cash price!

• MickMick Frets: 98

Thanks, I just managed to check it out in the custom shop, looks like it's 125 credits or 79.99 euros.

Reason I asked is because I'm going to be giving away another full version of AmpliTube 3, together will 300 custom shop credits. Just got to put the comp ideas together. Looks like the 300 credits will cover a few bits and bobs for the lucky winner.

• I wouldn't get it to be honest, although I have no experience with it but my reason is this:

You've heard of Bias and JamUp Pro.   On Bias there is a great Slash amp called SIR #39 and it does give a good Slash like tone in my experience.  There are quite a few on there but the SIR #39 is best.  

With these two programs you can do a lot more than you can with Amplitube, which is why I'd go for them instead.  

I can record clips tomorrow with that amp if you want.  Wont be until after 7pm though as I have work.
    Would really appreciate that
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    edited February 2015
    Ok do you want me to record any pedals before the amp or just the amp with no extra gain and no delay etc?
    Maybe a Tubescreamer but nothing else mate
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6986
    edited February 2015
    I wouldn't get it to be honest, although I have no experience with it but my reason is this:

You've heard of Bias and JamUp Pro.   On Bias there is a great Slash amp called SIR #39 and it does give a good Slash like tone in my experience.  There are quite a few on there but the SIR #39 is best.  

With these two programs you can do a lot more than you can with Amplitube, which is why I'd go for them instead.  

I can record clips tomorrow with that amp if you want.  Wont be until after 7pm though as I have work.

How do I find this SIR #39 amp? I can't see it in the amp list or from the custom tone site- are you using the IOS version or the Mac version?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6986
    mrkb said:
    I wouldn't get it to be honest, although I have no experience with it but my reason is this:

How do I find this SIR #39 amp? I can't see it in the amp list or from the custom tone site- are you using the IOS version or the Mac version?

Ah it's S.I.R #39 found in the custom tone area. Though there's 4 versions of it, presume it's the most popular one?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • mrkb said:

I'm using the iOS version.  

Go into the Bias App and do a search for Slash or search for S.I.R.  It's the amp with 622 downloads.

• Here's the demo.  It's rough as I haven't played this riffs in years.  I used the exact same settings as are on the amp you see in the picture I posted above apart from I turned the gain and master up full.

• I have just downloaded bias. It hands down beats amplitube in every way! The S.I.R amp is fairly close. I think the afd100 in amplitube gets closer in terms of sound, but the bias version has a more organic feel. Tremendous software!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @bingefeller that's excellent, very grateful for that. I think that will be absolutely ideal :))