Harley Benton "Prince" Tele Bridge change...

It comes with a Strat style bridge as per the original... No likey. The saddles end up too high and at a downward angle instead of upwards! I could put a vintage Strat hardtail bridge on it but the unique spacing of the bridge they use means I'd have to fill the existing string through holes and re-drill them. I have no tools or hardware for that!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/Niallmo/D67CE0E4-49A8-4267-A021-767E41FDCD31_zpse0mtsgw9.jpg

Because it's Strat style the string through holes are wrong for the majority of traditional Tele bridges too, I'd have to cut the bridge pickup surround to make it fit the holes and it would look really out of place.

Wilkinson do top loader and string through options on the same Tele bridge. They also do short versions....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/Niallmo/1C7B8D07-CD61-41F0-A718-0A7F7C78E1EF_zpsndvodvgp.jpg

I have the full version of this bridge, also top loaded on my other HB Tele as standard. Looks great, sounds great, plays great.

You may be able to see that I sheard off the head of one of the screws through sloppy installation, me being a little impatient and not driving the screw straight!

It's all stable, my 250k pots should arrive in the next couple of days to go with the SD Quarter Pounder in the bridge.

It's now far nicer to play, much more comfortable for the right hand and there are proper break angles over the saddles.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/Niallmo/CA9DB18D-3D8D-49D7-86CC-EE4A11FCB88A_zpsyajsyy4u.jpg

To be fair there was really nothing wrong with the original bridge, I just didn't like the feel but I think this looks good and feels better to me and I'm using this as a practice for the "official" Harley Benton Challenge!
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Looks good to me!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30358
    Nothing wrong with those Wilkinson bridges and for the money,they're unbeatable.
    Nice job.
  • How is the guitar otherwise? Play well?
    I'm trying to decide between the T-30 and T-52... the Wilkinson hardware on the T52 will probably swing it for me though.
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    It's a fine guitar. It played well with the original bridge, low action without buzz and a good fret job. It just didn't feel right under my hand because of the height of the back edge. It's about a 3mm difference in profile but makes a big difference in where my hand sits. Completely subjective.
  • Nice Niallmo, what's the Prinz HB like, does it play and sound good? This guitar is on my 'to get list' if I could be sure it's worth the dosh? All the best. paul