Need a quick wah wah fix

What's Hot
Dave_VaderDave_Vader Frets: 360
edited February 2015 in FX
My trusty old Dunlop crybaby wah (been in action since 94, and is on it's third pot) has developed what should be a very cheap to fix problem. Trouble is I can't get the bit anywhere.

The plastic ring that pushes the rack into the pot gears has gone and perished on me, and try as I might, I can't get it to squash back into shape enough, and the rack is not moving the pot.

I'm loath to buy a new wah pedal for the sake of a small bit of plastic, anybody had this problem and found a suitable fix, I emailed dunlop asking if they could sell me a new bit of plastic but no reply.

Alternatively, anybody got a busted wah pedal lying about and want to sell me a small piece of plastic?
All help and ideas gratefully received.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I'm not sure why the picture is so very very small there, here's a link instead...

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72665
    Don't buy it from Banzai, it's not only ludicrously overpriced at over a Euro, it will cost a fortune in shipping.

It's called a P clip and they cost a couple of pence each - the difficulty is buying just one!

If you can't find one online anywhere, PM me your address and I'll send you one.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks ICBM, will have a hunt, the trouble is finding out what these things are called really. Wah plastic ring yielded no decent results.
    I would never have guessed pressure element in a million years frankus, cheers for finding such a thing.
    :)