Hughes And Kettner Tubeman?

What's Hot
robkayrobkay Frets: 11
Anyone any experience with the HK Tubeman pedal unit for recording or direct to pa for live use?
Looking for more of a clean sound with little bit of drive/breakup......
Thanks
Rob
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I've used the Tubeman (can't remember whether it was the I or II).

I used it in the FX loop of a Boss GT5 because the Distortion in that unit was beyond shit. It has a nice 2nd channel, which may be where the tones you are looking for will reside. It also has a great singing high gain 3rd channel.

My only problem with it was that you couldn't select bypass, and instead HAD to have channel 1 as your clean (which might work for some).

Great unit though, I still have it under the stairs waiting for me to repair it.

• robkayrobkay Frets: 11
    Great......read somewhere that you couldn't use the eq controls on the clean channel, is that correct?
    Thanks for your thoughts....
    Rob
    :)
  • Just had a look on H&K website and it says the EQ is "Master" on the II, which I think is the one I've got.

But a shared EQ is always going to be a compromise over three different channels I suppose.

You might be better setting the EQ more towards suiting the clean, as the 3rd channel has the contour to tailor it a bit.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robkayrobkay Frets: 11
    edited February 2015
    Thanks for the info......i'll keep an eye out for a used one to give a try....
    Rob
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I used to borrow one off a singer I knew. It was quite useable. It's a lot more saturated than you expect. But some nice tones. Didn't gig it, but used it at rehearsals for a while