Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Show us your puppies

What's Hot

Comments

• The partscaster Tele I made a couple of years back, with a multi-part alder body, a neck from Dangleberries and some Iron Gear pups.

Nice job on this. Like it a lot.
    Ta. :)
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2385
    Should probably include these :)

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6417
    edited February 2015
    CHRISB50;509481" said:

I only have one guitar now, but I'll play.

It's a Lowden O22C. Mahogany back and sides with a red cedar top.
    Pure filth !!!!!!!   B-)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27971
    No, *here* it is ...

(use the "direct" link from PhotoBucket, not the Email & IM one @Bomber123 )
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Cheers. My mistake
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2372
    edited February 2015
    ^^^ I must admit, whilst the photo wasn't loading, I was expecting the guitar to be green ;-)

It looks lovely as it is though.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    hubobulous;509570" said:
    ^^^ I must admit, whilst the photo wasn't loading, I was expecting the guitar to be green ;-)

It looks lovely as it is though.
    The carve is gorgeous.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • Away with your PRS's, Custom Shop and fancy wooden shite!

You need some of THIS:

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

1reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @HarrySeven - they are works of art, akin to games that I lusted after in the early 80s when thumbing through flimsy paper catalogues looking for the coolest toy at Christmas.
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4379
    edited February 2015
    Very nice.
    Cheers. Your herd ain't to shabby either! Not a tele man (hides!), but I can appreciate it. It looks very very nice. Love the Strat and the Avalon. Is the Avalon a jumbo? Looks very similar to my O22.
    Jalapeno said:
    CHRISB50;509481" said:

I only have one guitar now, but I'll play.

It's a Lowden O22C. Mahogany back and sides with a red cedar top.
    Pure filth !!!!!!!   B-)

But oh so right! ;)

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• Ta. The Avalon is over 10 years old now, so it's no longer on their model list, but from a quick search on tweb, it's described in various places as a 'concert' body. Iirc it's meant to be a close relative of the 022 - I seem to recall that Avalon grew out of the ashes of George's failure, keeping most of the craftsmen and the factory but not the name. Sadly, as soon as George got back in business properly all the desire for the Avalons fell off a cliff and they went bust themselves a couple of years back (they've since been rescued but not sure how much remains).

It is a thing of beauty. When I first bought it, it seemed way too blingy but I couldn't resist the sound and feel. Since then, the looks have really mellowed and deepened, and I hope never to part with it except in truly extreme circs.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    edited February 2015
    Here's 3 of mine that make up my perfect Les Paul trio at the moment:

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12052
    God dammit Nick....I love your faded LP.
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7319
    edited February 2015
    @Nickb_boy LPs arent really my thing, but all three are handsome guitars. Imagine The Fano sounds the best, on account of the Single coil ;)
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3021
    usedtobe;506545" said:
    I was hoping for more breasts..
    I think I want that written on my headstone

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    That a Palir? Nice :)
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • @nickb_boy - lovely trio. The LP is beautiful
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    RaymondLin;510229" said:
    God dammit Nick....I love your faded LP.
    You're still not having it ;)
    @Nickb_boy LPs arent really my thing, but all three are handsome guitars. Imagine The Fano sounds the best, on account of the Single coil ;)
    They all bring something different to the party, but right now the fano is getting a little bit more attention :)
    That a Palir? Nice :)
    Good spot! Yeah it is, and I'm waiting on an Esquire style build any week now as well!
    @nickb_boy - lovely trio. The LP is beautiful
    Cheers, she's not bad I guess for a basic model!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4379
    TheOtherDennis;509934" said:
    Ta. The Avalon is over 10 years old now, so it's no longer on their model list, but from a quick search on tweb, it's described in various places as a 'concert' body. Iirc it's meant to be a close relative of the 022 - I seem to recall that Avalon grew out of the ashes of George's failure, keeping most of the craftsmen and the factory but not the name. Sadly, as soon as George got back in business properly all the desire for the Avalons fell off a cliff and they went bust themselves a couple of years back (they've since been rescued but not sure how much remains).

It is a thing of beauty. When I first bought it, it seemed way too blingy but I couldn't resist the sound and feel. Since then, the looks have really mellowed and deepened, and I hope never to part with it except in truly extreme circs.
    The body shape of mine does look very similar to yours. It is lovely, and it does look like it's aged nicely. I look forward to mine going the same way.

I feel the same about my Lowden. I can't see myself ever selling it. Pretty much anything sounds good (as in the tone, not my playing) on it, and it's the first guitar I've played that is like that. The tone is just perfect.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to