This is wicked cool (clever delay switching content)

stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27427
edited February 2015 in FX
First watch this: 

I likey. Can't help feeling this would be better done with a momentary footswitch as you could then play guitar properly, but it sounds good either way. Or does this kind of option exist in a pedal already?

I guess using a momentary switch plus 25k resistor in an Exp socket of one of the regular delays might work, if you set "exp off" to full dry and "exp on" to full wet using maybe a single bar as your delay time?
The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• The problem with a footswitch is that you wouldn't be able to replicate that fast finger-drumming effect with it. Well, not unless you're a Womble.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The problem with a footswitch is that you wouldn't be able to replicate that fast finger-drumming effect with it. Well, not unless you're a Womble.
    Yeah, maybe, but still could be cool, no?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I reckon you could do that with a footswitch if it had a 'sprung' release - like a robust kill switch, really.

Great effect.
  • Of course he's wearing a mr bungle shirt... 

Could use a killswitch with a stutter option for that.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8554
    The only real problem is, as impressive as it is to watch, and the boy has rhythm, is sounds horrible. Brought home to me by the wife just stating that listening to someone drilling through walls would be favourable. Kind of agree!