got my DSL back from repair yesterday

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    ...sorted it. Found 2 holes (sockets :))  hiding behind the transformer...and plugged in the 2 phonos and voila it works....now I don't know if red and white phonos have a corresponding socket as I did this by feel as I couldn't see behind the transformer without removing the chassis..but its working so I either got lucky or it doesn't matter which phono plug goes into which socket ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Two phone plugs just plug into the reverb tank. Obviously when you take the grill of and look in the back of it.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    ...or at the other end that is out of sight until you remove the chassis.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    edited February 2015
    siraxeman said:
    ...sorted it. Found 2 holes (sockets :))  hiding behind the transformer...and plugged in the 2 phonos and voila it works....now I don't know if red and white phonos have a corresponding socket as I did this by feel as I couldn't see behind the transformer without removing the chassis..but its working so I either got lucky or it doesn't matter which phono plug goes into which socket ?
    Yes it does, although not that much. If you've connected it the wrong way round the reverb will be quieter than it should be and may hum a bit more (probably less badly in the combo than the head).

Unless the connectors on the tank have been reversed as well - possible! - the black or white connector goes closest to the front of the amp and the red one closest to the transformer.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

the techy guy just replied back saying the same as what you just said...so cheers I guess I got 'em right. :)

...does this mean I can now call myself an amp tech? :))

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10535

I'm so glad this guy works on amps and not planes :)
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    and I'm also glad he isn't a muslim. :))
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    siraxeman said:

...does this mean I can now call myself an amp tech? :))

At least you've started with the model you're likely to become more familiar with than most :D.

Danny1969 said:
    I'm so glad this guy works on amps and not planes :)
    If you've never read the report into the Concorde crash - the most direct cause of which was a piece of metal from a bodged repair which fell off another plane and cut the Concorde's tyre - or the crash of the Japan Air Lines 747, the worst-ever single-aircraft loss of life - you might be shocked that incompetence is not that uncommon in aircraft maintenance either.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein