SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Engl Blackmore head - £600 (price drop)

MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
edited May 2015 in Amps £
Up for sale is my Engl Blackmore head. It is a 100W 4 channel amp, with 2 master volumes and shared EQ. A contour switch provides a mid cut/boost option. Channels are foot switchable via the included footswitch. 

Don't let the Blackmore signature lead you into any preconceptions about this amp. It's a no-nonsense version of the Engl Savage, based on the same circuitry and share similar tonal characteristics. On the clean channel it can produce the best chimey and harmonically rich cleans, switch to the high gain channel it becomes a monster and will do death metal with your gain knob at 2 o'clock. It also has the advantage of sounding good at any volume, which is rare for such a powerful amp. 

It is in great condition as I have looked after it well. Electronically it's perfect, all pots are smooth and crackle free, and I have recently given it a full re-valve, using Engl branded 5881 power tubes and hand selected preamp tubes for a bit more gain and better tone than the stock ones (at a cost of around £150). Since the re-valve I've probably not played it more than 10 times so they're basically brand new. 

Cosmetically there are only light signs of use, but as you can see from the pics it's not bad at all. These things are built like a tank and the German engineering means it sounds just as good now as the first day I bought it. 

I'm based in Bath, and it's collection only as I don't want to risk a courier. You are welcome to come and try it out before deciding.

Looking for £600.

Pics:
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    No interest at all here?
    Price drop to £650, but I don't want to go lower than that before putting it up on ebay, as I'm losing money on it already.
    Bumpety bump.
    Back from holiday bump!

Slightly perturbed by the lack of interest though...
    Still FS since I've been too lazy to stick it on ebay.
    Easter bump.
    Bump with price drop, to reflect eBay fees as it's now on eBay.
    The Blackmore is gone :(

But I did get an Engl Screamer 50 combo as part of a trade deal which I may offer up for sale ;)