SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

ALL SOLD: Joyo Ultimate Drive; Prune Works Polecat fuzz (ltd edition Plum Crazy Fuzzy Lady)

xscaramangaxscaramanga Frets: 436
edited February 2016 in FX £
Joyo Ultimate Drive. £18 delivered (+fees if using PayPal) SOLD

Thought by many to be an OCD clone. Near mint condition. Original box is rather battered (that's how it came). Last one I saw on here sold for £18.

Next up: SOLD Prune Works (Plum Crazy) Polecat fuzz £110 £100 delivered

These were a run of 25 pedals using NOS 1960s transistors. Unlike most fuzzes, this one is compatible with a standard centre-negative adapter. If you've heard about Plum Crazy FX you'll know that Kaare Festvog (for it is he) makes stuff the equal of any boutique manufacturer. This is basically his Fuzzy Lady pedal with some more tone options.

It’s based on the original hybrid transistor Fuzzy Lady but with added features that make for even more versatility than the original. The second transistor in the circuit is switchable between germanium and silicon to give either an all germanium fuzz tone or a hybrid silicon-germanium fuzz tone (the original Fuzzy Lady sound). For the building of this pedal I was inspired by the work on my all-germanium Fuzzy Lady and have used an old-school mix of copper stripboard and point-to-point construction methods. This allowed me to remove any unnecessary circuitry – look at interior pics and you’ll understand what I mean. One last thing that separates this from the Hambone and other fuzzes I currently make is that this pedal uses late-60 production Texas Instruments NPN germanium transistors so it can use a standard center-negative AC adaptor. If you want to get a sense of what this one sounds like, you’ll find a Youtube video of the Hambone (check out the all-germanium and silicon-germanium settings in that vid).
Here are the specs: • Tough, cast aluminum enclosure • True-bypass heavy-duty footswitch • Mil-spec, specially matched transistors (Texas Instruments, 60s production NPN germaniums) • High-quality 2-position high/low switch • Alpha pots • Switchcraft enclosed jacks • Stripboard and point-to-point construction • Vintage Allen Bradley 1/4w carbon-comp resistors • Teflon-coated wire • Bright-purple LED • 9V AC adaptor jack (wired for center negative, adaptor not included)image
There are tons of Fuzzy Lady demos on YouTube. Here's the Hambone video that Kaare recommends. I can vouch that my Polecat sounds extremely similar.

Even the internal instructions are handwritten, which I love:image

SOLD: Big Knob Tone Boner SHO clone. Unlike most SHO style boosts, this one takes a 9v Boss-style adapter input.

SOLD for £40 delivered.

My YouTube channel, Half Speed Solos: classic guitar solos demonstrated at half speed with scrolling tab and no waffle.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments