SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Now Sorted

What's Hot
guitarhippyguitarhippy Frets: 46
edited February 2015 in FX £

Marshall 50th Anniversary JTM-1 1 x 10 1w/0.1w Combo, mint condition, hardly used, hotcovers padded cover, neighbour friendly, no swaps or trades please £335.

Looking for straight swap for Klon KTR - any about???

Sorry about the rubbish picture!!!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Joes Pedals have them new in stock for Circa £250.
  • Hi,

Thanks for that, I didn't know they had any in stock, I went on their list a while ago but had no cash at the time when they got them back in...

If they are readily available what's going on with people asking over £300 for them????

Cheers

Paul

• If they are readily available what's going on with people asking over £300 for them????

Some people don't realise the bubble has burst with these now. A lot would have been bought purely to sell on at a profit.
  • I'll try one one day....I just struggle to get that excited about them.
  • I've tried KTR and a Centaur and quite liked both of them, the centaur certainly isn't worth over £1K.....Even if there aren't that many of them.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11536
    edited February 2015

If they are readily available what's going on with people asking over £300 for them????

Some people don't realise the bubble has burst with these now. A lot would have been bought purely to sell on at a profit.
    After the first batch of KTRs Bill Finnegan was supposedly unhappy with the factory building them so production was stopped for a long time while he found another factory and got everything tooled up for production.  At the time there was no definite date for new ones to be produced and given the history with the original Klon being out of production for years people were thinking that it may be a long time (or never) so the prices climbed.  Now they are back in production but some people don't seem to be aware.

It was quite nice of @gavhaus to warn you.  He could have just bought one from Joe's Pedals and got himself a very good deal on the amp.
  • GavHaus said:
    @crunchman I'm no saint, I just hate Marshalls :D
    amen
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • I'm the very opposite, I've had loads of amps throughout the years but have always had a valve Marshall at the same time - never been without one....
  • ?? No Klon KTR's kicking about you don't need??
  • To the top........
  • I,ve got one and have sent you a pm (I think!)
  • The hype is real. Don't bash it till you have tried it! :)