Where to buy Marshall 4x12 Metal Side Handles and Scews?

Had a search but no luck, any idea where to get direct-replacement Marshall metal side handles for a 4x12 and the necessry screws?
Cheers

Current Gear: 2006 Gibson Les Paul Classic, Charvel So Cal, 1999 Gibson SG Standard, 2008 Fender Road Worn Strat, 2008 Fender Road Worn Telecaster, Partscaster SRV-lookalike Strat, Martin D28, Gretsch Jim Dandy, Kemper Profiler and Kemper Kab, Marshall JCM800 2203 (Dan Gower modded), Marshall 1960A w/Greenbacks, Positive Grid Spark Mini, various pedals and recording gear!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited February 2015
    From Marshall themselves?

• Nope, they only have plastic handles.
    Current Gear: 2006 Gibson Les Paul Classic, Charvel So Cal, 1999 Gibson SG Standard, 2008 Fender Road Worn Strat, 2008 Fender Road Worn Telecaster, Partscaster SRV-lookalike Strat, Martin D28, Gretsch Jim Dandy, Kemper Profiler and Kemper Kab, Marshall JCM800 2203 (Dan Gower modded), Marshall 1960A w/Greenbacks, Positive Grid Spark Mini, various pedals and recording gear!
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6234
    tFB Trader
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 901
    I don't know about the specific item you're after, but Adam Hall do loads of this kind of hardware.
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6234
    tFB Trader
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • Maplin one is wrong size.

Nothign suitable in Adam Hall.

Tubeampdoctor one is plastic - I am replacing the plastic ones as they are shit compared to metal ones.

• I couldn't find any, even got a set from eBay described as replacements and they were the wrong size.

The plastic handles are cheap feeling but in real terms they are strong enough and shouldn't rattle.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    edited February 2015
    Audiospares do them  www.audiospares.com/product.php?productid=329&cat=0&page=1
    Can't get the link to work but they've got them for £4.30
  • Audiospares are the wrong size for a Marshall!

I picked my 1960AX up earlier (admittedly roughly) and the plastic handle tore away from it, hence wanting to change to metal handles.
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 901
    What size are they in centimetres?
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    Have you actually called Marshall to ask, or just looked at the website? Given that they make the Handwired cabs with metal handles - I'm pretty sure, although could be wrong, it's a while since I saw one! - they must have a supply of them.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• breadfanbreadfan Frets: 380
    I think mojotone in the US do them.

Scumback used to too , possibly still do & Jim is a great guy to deal with.

I'm on my phone, so can't provide a link, I'm afraid.

• NerineNerine Frets: 2279
    I think I've bought Marshall spares from Hot Rox or Watford Valves before.

Whether you'll find metal handles or not, I don't know. But I got some casters and amp feet with little to no bother.
  • If you are trying to replace the standard plastic ones with metal, only the scumback ones are a direct fit. Otherwise you will have to do some drilling into your cab to fit the modern style metal handles (cheapest option).

I have got some vintage handles available if you are interested, but they will not be a direct fit, and they are not cheap.

• ok, bit of an update

Marshall no longer sell metal handles

Scumback do, but shipping to the UK is a massiv e $70!!

Can;t find anywhere else that sells them at the moment.
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6843
    tFB Trader
    Have you tried SolSound? They sell through ebay and have their own site too.
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)