What do you do with your speaker cables and cables in your home?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    There's a type of plastic skirting you can get that is hollow. Maybe remove the wooden one, and use that?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    RobDavies said:
    I put my speaker cables on these:

Cable elevators reduce the effect of vibrations in the floor on your speaker cables.

Sold by Russ Andrews, of course.   A mere £34.60 for four of the little blighters.

Rigggght.....OK.......

:))

I hate plastic Chilli and the gripfill will take half the plaster away with it.  I spent an age levelling prior to fitting the skirting and I like the clean look of the perfect skirting.  Only the wires detract for it and are hard to vacuum around.

I think I'II run a few runs under the bare floorboard, along the joist, drawn with wire through the insulation to some sockets.  In my search for anal perfection, maybe a floor socket wouldn't be a bad idea, which can be replaced with a drop in floorboard or something, should I wish to reconfigure the furniture.  But think I'II put the angle driver on the end of the drill what I use for drilling out inaccessible spot welds and go through a socket cavity in a partition, behind the skirting.  It will be cheaper than getting some trailing lead rubber hollow stuff.  I've just remembered, I do have a ring mains socket neared the hi fi too.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12443
    Meanwhile at @Samboster HQ

"OUR TOSSPOT"
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5006
    RobDavies said:
    I put my speaker cables on these:

Cable elevators reduce the effect of vibrations in the floor on your speaker cables.

Sold by Russ Andrews, of course.   A mere £34.60 for four of the little blighters.
    Never tried those Rob.  Turn a plastic 'cup' upside down and cut a V in the bottom of the cup.  Four or six will support any speaker cable on the market.  And if you don't feel a right twit for going to all that bother, well then I give up...............
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• RockerRocker Frets: 5006
    Just found this on www.tnt-audio.com. http://www.tnt-audio.com/casse/pluto_e.html  Problem solved!
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum