New Cab maker - Upper Case UK - very reasonable prices

What's Hot
saxosimsaxosim Frets: 69
edited February 2015 in Amps
Hi All,

After selling my Marshall JMP1-C a few weeks back I was on the look out for a Cornell plexi 7 head and a 1x12 cab. I came across a new cabinet maker called Upper Case UK who make made to order cabinets in just about any configuration you want. The prices are excellent and you get a full choice of tolex colour, grill cloth, piping colour, vertical or horizontal configuration etc.

I opted for a 1x12 in a horizontal format finished in black tolex with a cream stripe around the sides, salt and pepper cloth with gold piping and wiring included but no driver speaker so I could add my own.

It arrived yesterday and it's fantastic. My cornell head I have ordered is a custom order in black tolex with salt and pepper cloth so should match nicely when it arrives. I tested the cab today with a different head and it's excellent. The rear panel is removeable and the cabs come with a standard input as well as an extension output.

You can order them via eBay currently whilst the company become established. They state 6 colour choice options in their advert for only £99 exc driver and delivery but I opted for custom colours and wiring so mine was £109 exc delivery.

Anyway I was amazed by the build quality and sound today and wanted to tell you about them incase you are in the market for a new reasonably priced cabinet.

They also make pretty much any other size via request. A 2x12 for example is £160 exc delivery which I also think is great.

Here is a link to them and a few photos

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=261730125544

Cheers :)
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12720
    Ive been curious about these and nearly pressed the button on one the other day but bought a Montage cab instead, as it was a similar price with a speaker s/h.
    Sounds good!
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • saxosimsaxosim Frets: 69
    edited February 2015
    They are amazing @impmann honestly give them a try next time you buy one, I am going to go back for a 2x12 in a few months identical to the 1x12 I just purchased
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1209
    edited February 2015
    He likes stripes. The red with white stripe is good for playing the theme to Starsky & Hutch. :)
  • Yes certainly is I thought a cream stripe looked different :)
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    Is it MDF or ply?
    I looked on his site but he doesn't specify which, or if he does I couldn't find it.
  • Good point not sure I'll look inside now and let you know
  • Hi @Sassafras sorry for the delay just got a reply from the maker as I was unsure:

'the body of our speaker cabinets are made from 20mm finger jointed plywood, while the front and back baffles are made from high-density 20mm MDF. The reason for using two different materials is our choice of plywood is more durable then any MDF readily available which gives the cabinet a solid structural rigidity. While high-density MDF, due to having a higher mass then plywood, gives the driver a better resonance and bass response.'

Hope this helps, amazing sound with my Cornell plexi 7 head :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    ^Sounds good. Thanks for that.
  • No problem :)
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1644
    Do you know if they do different sized cabs? I would like a 1x12 but big enough for a full sized head to sit on
  • saxosimsaxosim Frets: 69
    edited February 2015
    Hi @shaunm Yes they do just about anything contact Chris on 01206 391800 or via info@uppercaseuk.com and he can give you a quote. I have already had a quote for a 2x12 as tempted to go bigger once I have some spare cash