How do you choose?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I have flipped a fair number of OD but have kept kept the ones that work both at home and live. In the past couple of years I must have been through 10+ ODs and the ones that have stayed on my board are a @handsomerik Timmy Clone and a Catalinbread DLS, MkII (which replaces my increasingly unreliable Marshal Guv'nor Mki which I've had for 20+ years). I have also kept a Subdecay Liquid Sunshine MkIII and an EHX Soul Food if I play with at home rather than hauling my whole board out. Those are all staying along with other pedals which could be considered dirt pedals but I use them in other ways or have a function which might be useful in the future.

Ones that have gone that didn't work for me are a mini Fuzz Face (didn't work well with other pedals), an Xotic SL Drive (too small to stick on the board properly) which both sounded great. Sometimes it's not just the sound that makes you flip them.

I also have others that I don't use any more but realistically no-one's going to buy them. I have a couple of Joyo cheapies which cost me £25. I'll never get any more than £10 for them in the classifieds and if you take into account the £5 postage on top it's not even woth putting them up for sale so I just keep them. I'll probably end up junking them in a few years after a clearout.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30318
    You never know, those Joyos might become as collectable as Tubescreamers in another 100 years.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

I've now got Katie Price on my pedalboard. She sucks tone dreadfully. 

You must have a massive board to get the ego on.......

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• mike_l said:

I've now got Katie Price on my pedalboard. She sucks tone dreadfully. 

You must have a massive board to get the ego on.......
    She's alright if you have a decent buffer between her and the amp...

For me it's what works with the band.  If two pedals did an equally good job then I'll keep the cheapest/most easily available pedal on the board.  I kind of figure that no matter where we gig I'll be able to get my hands on a rat and a boss dd7 pretty quickly if anything happened to my board.  If i were using a timmy or a klon and a strymon timeline it would be more difficult...
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30970
    Easy- I keep it to one voodoolabs supply.
    And I wanted Chorus,Delay Flanger COmpressor and a Vibe and shades of dirt.

I then went and bought the best I heard.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.