I love the Looper!

What's Hot
GruGru Frets: 339
edited February 2015 in FX
Ever since I got my first electric I have struggled to really enjoy playing them and as a result have brought and sold far too many thinking the style of the guitar might be the problem, I think I have purchased around 10 in 18 months (currently own 2)

Someone said on here recently that they enjoy playing an acoustic more at home as it creates a sound which works well on its own (can't remember the exact wording) and that was how I felt.

With my electric, although I am struggling a little with the timing of the initial loop, once that is done, being able to experiment and layer ideas to then noodle over has become very enjoyable. I just need to make sure I tab my ideas as they are easy to forget.

Being able to do this has reignited my love of ambient/cafe del mar style music and if the Electric guitar. :-)

My only worry is how long will it be until I want a pedal that i can store my loops, I give it no more than a couple if weeks.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    me too - makes light work all round...

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Gru said:

My only worry is how long will it be until I want a pedal that i can store my loops, I give it no more than a couple if weeks.
    Judging by you post in the classifieds a week would have been optimistic ;)

• GruGru Frets: 339
    Need to sell it first though. Judging on current classifieds, I might still have it in six months.
  • A looper did wonders for my motivation having not played in a band for a while. Like you say it's really fun to experiment with. If I closed my eyes, it was almost as if I had real friends who were playing along with me! :p

Biyang & Caline pedals plus other inexpensive gear:

SpartanMusic.co.uk

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3635
    Definitely looking towards a Looper myself.

It's lonely on my own.
    :(
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    mark_atdi said:
    A looper did wonders for my motivation having not played in a band for a while. Like you say it's really fun to experiment with. If I closed my eyes, it was almost as if I had real friends who were playing along with me! :p
    That's one of the saddest things I've ever heard! :)