NAD - Tiny little Killer Bunny 1 Watt valve amp ...

What's Hot
4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
in Amps tFB Trader

Some projects just come together to work really well - and this is one of them!

It's the Killer Bunny - gold star to anyone who works out why ...

It's a 1 Watt all valve amplifier. Yep, you read that right, 1 whole watt. Absolutely perfect for getting killer overdrive tones at lower volume levels. Although when I say lower volume levels, you might be surprised. I can't turn it up full in my house, and you'd need to shout to be heard over it. 1 watt of valve amplification is pretty darn loud.

The volume acts as a gain/volume control - cranking it up will give you loads of lovely crunch, but backing the guitar volume or changing your pick attack will clean it right up - it's incredibly touch sensitive. I've also added a bright switch, for sparkling clean tones.

Kick in the boost and you're into high-gain cranked Marshall type tones, tons of saturation and harmonics, but also responds well to guitar volume changes.

Best of all, the whole thing is tiny! It's a take-anywhere amp - you'd easily fit it in a backpack to take to rehearsals, or a jam session, or even the studio. I've pictured it next to a Polytune Mini for comparison.

Will hopefully have some sound clips soon, but in the meantime here are a few pictures ...

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    Sweet!
    I love tiny little amps. I've got a Zvex Nano and a Rat modded Blackheart Ant and they're even less than 1 watt and as you say, they're plenty loud enough around the house. I even ended up making an Lpad to tame them a wee bit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2390
    Nice :D
  • Nice. Python fan by any chance? Does this little amp have 100W big brother called the Holy Hand Grenade?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    Nice. Python fan by any chance? Does this little amp have 100W big brother called the Holy Hand Grenade?
    :)

Needs one with a graphic that re-interprets the old Marshall "just because it's loud doesn't mean you'll want to listen to it" grenade advert.

I like the way the feet are oversized for the amp with this one, just like a rabbit :)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    I like the look of that

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• LewLew Frets: 1657
    CUTE!!!
  • markjmarkj Frets: 923
    Any idea of a price, if and whe n the go into production.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom