SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn: Matchless Nighthawk Reverb 15w Combo

What's Hot
jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2479
edited February 2015 in Amps £
Amazing amp, beautiful sound. Selling as I have bought a Clubman Reverb and having two Matchless amps feels a bit extravagant! I can't stress enough how wonderful this amp feels to play. The reverb is quality too.
http://i.imgur.com/U0VNsCf.png
http://i.imgur.com/ajJtjFW.png
http://i.imgur.com/BhTG4NI.png
Looking for £1400 or very close offers. Collection only from Ascot or I can meet somewhere close by.
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Bump £1200
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6866
    tFB Trader
    £700?! ;-)
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • miserneil said:
    £700?! ;-)

no way ha ha!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Best delete that NAD thread then... ;-)
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2479
    edited February 2015
    miserneil;516949" said:
    what I buy things for and what I'm willing to part with them for are usually very different! I'm a bargain hunter extraordinaire!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2057
    edited February 2015
    miserneil;516949" said:
    what I buy things for and what I'm willing to part with them for are usually very different! I'm a bargain hunter extraordinaire!

I got a tax rebate the other day - just shy of £3k. At first I was gutted I didn't take the plunge on your 69 SG. I feel better now. ;-)

Especially when I saw you'd immediately bought a 71 SG at a bargain price. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • McToot;517048" said:
    jimmyguitar said:

miserneil;516949" said:Best delete that NAD thread then... ;-)what I buy things for and what I'm willing to part with them for are usually very different! I'm a bargain hunter extraordinaire!

I got a tax rebate the other day - just shy of £3k. At first I was gutted I didn't take the plunge on your 69 SG. I feel better now. ;-)
    that sg was an actual bargain at 2.5k, I was really surprised it didn't sell quicker. I lost money on that so it does happen!

edited February 2015 tFB Trader
    (formerly miserneil)
  • Why don't you leave the man alone to sell his gear in peace? 

Another sales thread trolled.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • What's the difference between the Nighthawk and the Lightning?
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2057
    edited February 2015
    McToot;517048" said

that sg was an actual bargain at 2.5k, I was really surprised it didn't sell quicker. I lost money on that so it does happen!

I know, man, I know. I was only messin. It's just revealing that my first emotion on finding out about this (unexpected) tax rebate was anger, not excitement. I really wanted that SG. Still, I'm sure I'll be spreading the joy on the classifieds :-)

Thinking about I do need really want a new amp...

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• Withdrawn: I seem to be upsetting a couple of people on here by not passing my gear on for what I paid for it so I think I'd rather stick to other outlets for sales. I will of course frequent the FB's other features as per usual :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I've had this too. People seem to be skirting carefully around rule 7...

Dickie's 90-Second Pedal Demos: youtube.com/c/Dickies90SecondPedalDemos /// guitar.com reviews: guitar.com/author/richard-purvis/
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6464
    Ok but Rule 1 applies too ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Jalapeno;517693" said:
    I didn't buy the Matchless on here and I don't consider myself dick-like for attempting to sell an amp for what it is worth 'used'. Surely it's better to give fretboarders first dibs on something as cool as a matchless for a fair price than head straight to eBay? I wouldn't bother listing it if I expected only £700, I'm not THAT tired of it! My NAD thread was posted with genuine excitement at owning the amp, but it inspired me to buy its bigger brother. Now I need to pay for the bigger brother! I'll stick to eBay in future to avoid this cross-examination. Shame though...

• ourmaninthenorthourmaninthenorth Frets: 3418
    edited February 2015

You aren't alone. There are rules here to stop this very thing happening, yet on a continuing basis they happen. Spoils an otherwise excellent forum, and the primary reason I wouldn't
    give stuff away here. 

I wish you well with your sale Pal, wherever that may be. 

BTW, I've got a lovely Matchless too, that I also got at a very competitive price some years ago. That, like yours, will not be that price when it comes up for sale soon. I guess I need to find a suitable hair shirt emporium to satisfy the growing consensus here. 
  • ourmaninthenorth;517739" said:
    You aren't alone. There are rules here to stop this very thing happening, yet on a continuing basis they happen. Spoils an otherwise excellent forum, and the primary reason I wouldn't give stuff away here. 

BTW, I've got a lovely Matchless too, that I also got at a very competitive price some years ago. That, like yours, will not be that price when it comes up for sale soon. I guess I need to find a suitable hair shirt emporium to satisfy the growing consensus here. 
    Thanks mate. Strange isn't it? If I saw a forumite selling something and getting a profit I'd just think 'fair play' and move on.

Rule 1 comes into play when you purposefully go behind someone's back and snipe a deal from them a la @gassage 's thread posted today. That is a different kettle of fish.

I am a nice guy and only here to mingle with other gear nuts but I'm also sensible with my money and can't afford to give stuff away 'for the cause'.

Good luck with your Matchless sale... I'll put my offer of £500 in now ;)
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6464
    Jalapeno;517693" said:
    I didn't buy the Matchless on here and I don't consider myself dick-like for attempting to sell an amp for what it is worth 'used'. Surely it's better to give fretboarders first dibs on something as cool as a matchless for a fair price than head straight to eBay? I wouldn't bother listing it if I expected only £700, I'm not THAT tired of it! My NAD thread was posted with genuine excitement at owning the amp, but it inspired me to buy its bigger brother. Now I need to pay for the bigger brother! I'll stick to eBay in future to avoid this cross-examination. Shame though...

Wasn't directed at you, but the rule quoter above.

Apologies if you somehow inferred otherwise.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • ourmaninthenorth;517739" said:
    You aren't alone. There are rules here to stop this very thing happening, yet on a continuing basis they happen. Spoils an otherwise excellent forum, and the primary reason I wouldn't give stuff away here. 

Thanks mate. Strange isn't it? If I saw a forumite selling something and getting a profit I'd just think 'fair play' and move on.

Rule 1 comes into play when you purposefully go behind someone's back and snipe a deal from them a la @gassage 's thread posted today. That is a different kettle of fish.

I am a nice guy and only here to mingle with other gear nuts but I'm also sensible with my money and can't afford to give stuff away 'for the cause'.

Good luck with your Matchless sale... I'll put my offer of £500 in now ;)
    How the bloody hell did you know it was £500.....??  Right it kicks off at £1500...I better get 2 hair shirts eh?  :-\"

Rule 1 is a coverall statement. Rule 7 isn't. 

As there are examples of shoddy behaviour, so too are there acts of enormous class, this forum is not different. My only regret is that there is no ignore button on this forum. 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28444
     My only regret is that there is no ignore button on this forum. 
    Click the username of the person you want to ignore.

That should open their activity page / wall.

Towards the top right of that screen is a button titled "ignore".
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.