SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn: Brand New Ceriatone OTS50, new tubes & pine cabinet £1100 ONO Delivered

What's Hot
SunDevilSunDevil Frets: 511
edited February 2015 in Amps £
For sale here is my BRAND NEW Ceriatone OTS50 -  brand new as in I've had it 2 weeks!

The chassis was fully built by Ceriatone to a great standard and I've additionally imported a pine cab from Rawcabs specifically made for this amp in the US

http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah232/SunDevilarker/Ceriatone OTS50/OTS SIde_zpsm9uvr8xu.jpg

She sounds great - proper Dumble tones and a clean channel to die for..but you know how it is sometimes - now I wish I'd bought a Rocket as I've got a Fuchs Blackjack that covers similar territory

This is the standard OTS - a faithful recreation of the 70ies Dumble ODS. .
All point to point wired
2 Channel with Bright, Deep and Rock switches
Overdrive, PI and FET input trim pots
Footswitch for OD channel and boost
Effects loop etc

Here's a YouTube clip that gives you a very accurate reflection of what it'll do:

I bought it without the tolex headcab, because there was going to be a 6 week delay on the 1 month waiting time

I've fitted the amp to the cab (it's very slightly at an angle - couple of mm side to side but that is easily fixed by easing the bolt holes a little, which the washers will accomodate) and fitted 20mm rubber feet to the cab. Other than that, the cab is unfinished - You can finish it to taste with varnish, oil etc 

I've also fitted some new tubes - Harma 6L6GCs and ECC83s

All in, with the cost of the couriers, imports etc, I've spent around £1,400 - looking for £1,100 for a quick sale so I can get with my Rocket Fetish

I have all the original packaging for the amp chassis and the box is deep enough to load the amp in the cab in the box and pack it really well.

I'm based in Surrey

The answer was never 42 - it's 1/137 (..ish)
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• darcymdarcym Frets: 1303
    is it just the photos or is the head actually too small for the cabinet ? it looks like there is a gap between the actual amp and the head cab
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SunDevilSunDevil Frets: 511
    edited February 2015
    Hi - the cab is made specifically for this chassis. 

From memory, the chassis is 19.25" and there's about 32nd inch either side laterally

Vertically, there's about 1/4" cab between the bottom of the amp and the front lip, to accommodate the shell being covered in tolex (I've checked and all my heads in original chassis have a gap here - it's just smaller with a tolex covering)

If you wanted to keep the amp in bare wood and you found the gap offensive, I'd suggest just adding a piece of square pine dowel there and attach it before finishing?

Personally, I''d rather have the additional airflow.

I can sell the chassis separately to the amp if anyone is so inclined and keep the cab for my next project amp :-) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Just to add, price of amp head chassis with tube and without cab would be £1000 ONO - that's a really big saving in time and cost on buying from Nik - my loss, your gain etc!
    Friday evening bump!
  • joeytpgjoeytpg Frets: 0
    SunDevil said:
    Friday evening bump!
    Is this still for sale? :)
    Not since 2015 I'm afraid!  ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeytpgjoeytpg Frets: 0
    thanks!