ACDC opening for the Grammy's

What's Hot
Seems wrong to me. I don't know why.
Maybe cos I grew up with them seeing them is small venues with all the grit and grime that went with the music.
Also watching all those celebs trying to rock out with them. Dave Grohl was the only person I could see who really meant it.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4666
    edited February 2015
    And Ed Sheeran using Clapton Strat.
    And is that John Maher Dressed as Buddly Holly with a pink Jackson on backing Guitar?
  • And some of the stuff you hear these days has no tune....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6399
    ACDC with autocue ... :-/
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Jalapeno;514666" said:
    To be fair, Brian ain't far off 70...

"Now, is it 'rock or bust', or 'in rock we trust'?..."
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Stuff like this just turns me right off. To me any awards shows are just cringey, regardless of the subject matter. 

Look at NME's "godlike genius" award, notwithstanding it went to Suede this year....It's just fawning arse lickery of the worst kind. I'd be embarrassed to walk up to collect that, they're just musicians, not that there's any danger of that!

Good luck to AC/DC making a few quid and promoting their tour, I'm not a fan of theirs but I wouldn't tune in to watch any bands I like do a one off tune on the Grammy's or whatever.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10347
    /\ Wiz @Lloyd

I prefer the Jarvis Cocker approach.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3068
    Haven't taken any notice of The Grammys since Tull won "Best Metal Performance".

That is, until a good mate of mine got a Grammy nomination - so I showed a bit of interest.... and lo and behold, Tenacious D win the "Best Metal Performance".

Jesus.
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2938
    Also, that Sam Smith song that attracted a plagiarism lawsuit from Tom Petty? Won a Grammy.
  • Bidley said:
    Also, that Sam Smith song that attracted a plagiarism lawsuit from Tom Petty? Won a Grammy.
    There wasn't a lawsuit.

(but both Tom Petty and Jeff Lynne are now credited as co-composers of the song)

Tom's gracious take on the whole thing:

"About the Sam Smith thing. Let me say I have never had any hard feelings toward Sam.  All my years of songwriting have shown me these things can happen.  Most times you catch it before it gets out the studio door but in this case it got by.  Sam’s people were very understanding of our predicament and we easily came to an agreement.  The word lawsuit was never even said and was never my intention.  And no more was to be said about it. How it got out to the press is beyond Sam or myself.  Sam did the right thing and I have thought no more about this.  A musical accident no more no less. In these times we live in this is hardly news. I wish Sam all the best for his ongoing career. Peace and love to all."

• Bidley;514977" said:
    I wonder if Tom was asked to accept it?
  • Bidley;514977" said:
    I wonder if Tom was asked to accept it?
    Its treated like a sample in these cases. Theyll get a certificate for being part of it but not a grammy.
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15999
    AC/DC. opening for the Grannies...........ewwwwww
    tae be or not tae be
    Bidley said:
    There wasn't a lawsuit.

Fair point, not really what I was saying though.
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2483
    Jalapeno said:
    If I had a back catalogue as massive as theirs, I'm pretty certain I'd need one. Hell I sometimes struggle to remember something I was playing last month, and I don't even have a bus pass!
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • Bidley said:
    Bidley said:
    There wasn't a lawsuit.

The nominations were announced a while back, certainly before that story broke. I doubt it'd have made a difference either way. 
    FX_Munkee said:
    Jalapeno said:
    If I had a back catalogue as massive as theirs, I'm pretty certain I'd need one. Hell I sometimes struggle to remember something I was playing last month, and I don't even have a bus pass!

Especially when every song sounds the same!

http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu73/magic_panic/gifs/2qd90uajpg.gif
  • Seems wrong to me. I don't know why.
    Maybe cos I grew up with them seeing them is small venues with all the grit and grime that went with the music.
    Also watching all those celebs trying to rock out with them. Dave Grohl was the only person I could see who really meant it.
    Nah it's not that, its cos they're shit.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6266
    lloyd said:
    Stuff like this just turns me right off. To me any awards shows are just cringey, regardless of the subject matter. 

Good point. Its a load of bollocks really, the whole award thing. Just who is doing the recognition, and do we give a chuff? The worst ones are the Brits though. That really is a load of old gash. Closely followed by the Mercury award.

Bidley said:
    Bidley said:
    There wasn't a lawsuit.

The nominations were announced a while back, certainly before that story broke. I doubt it'd have made a difference either way. 
    You're right. I just think it speaks volumes of the Grammys.