PSA: Amplitube 3 for $99 at Audio Deluxe

What's Hot
equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6237
(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
    Where it said internet needed because of the custom shop, is that just referring to the Download (electronic Purchase) ie Once you have this can it be used without the internet?
  • @JAYJO ; I have the free version (basic skeleton of the software with none of the custom shop upgrades) installed on a non-internet connected computer. No problems installing and using it.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6237
    edited February 2015

The custom-shop app manages and downloads your purchased amps and cabs etc and allows also allows you to download and trial the other amps and cabs that are offered in addition to those found within the core product, which you can purchase credits for.

You don't need to run the custom-shop to run amplitube with amps that come with it. 

Thanks!   £56.99 .
    Now all ive got to do is learn how to use it!
    Its listed £199 on Amazon.

@JAYJO ; I have the free version (basic skeleton of the software with none of the custom shop upgrades) installed on a non-internet connected computer. No problems installing and using it.
              Cheers mate.
    equalsql said:

The custom-shop app manages and downloads your purchased amps and cabs etc and allows also allows you to download and trial the other amps and cabs that are offered in addition to those found within the core product, which you can purchase credits for.

You don't need to run the custom-shop to run amplitube with amps that come with it. 

Cheers mate.

JAYJO said:
    Thanks!   £56.99 .
    Now all ive got to do is learn how to use it!
    Its listed £199 on Amazon.

Yep,   Audio-Deluxe drop the price by another $15 dollars if you have an account with them.. so even more of a bargain! 

:)
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    Looks a good price so thanks for the heads' up .   I've never tried it and there seem to be quite a few amp plugs and the whole IR can of worms.   How does everyone rate it?   I'm guessing it's a lot better than the line6 gearbox plugin I briefly tried (and rejected) a few years ago?
    It's very good. The only soft-amp that really beats it is IMHO is S-Gear, but Amplitube has way more pedals, amps and mics. Up till now I've used the Free version and purchased their Wampler OD virtual pedal and Fender Vibroverb (which is excellent), but at £56 it's a no brainer (for me) to upgrade to the full product.
  • Some of the sims are good some are not as good as alternatives - there are too many models to review them all. Some of the Marshall and Soldano stuff is good for gain, Orange pack is cool and so is the Ampeg bass pack. Not switched mine on in months as I have an Axe FX now but honestly you can get some good sounds with Amplitube.

The cab sims in Amplitube work a different way to a regular IR, you can sweep for mic positions but if I understand it correctly they're more EQ filters than IRs. But you can bypass them and add IRs with a separate loader (many DAWs have one as standard) if you prefer so it is a non issue really.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    Thanks - I'll probably order a copy when I get back form rehearsing.    I noticed the price of waves plugins has dropped massively since I last bought some so I'll probably grab the cla or jjp at the same time.
  • With Waves gear if you wait long enough it comes on sale. They do a small sale every weekend, and bigger sales around the major US holidays. My recommendation is get on the Audio Deluxe mailing list and wait for what you want to come around in a sale and you'll save loads on the list price. There is extra discount by buying through Audio Deluxe as noted earlier in the thread.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom