NPD with unabated tonal slam

What's Hot
Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7787
A nearly new Big Muff w/Tone Wicker arrived this morning to add to my bass noise options :)

I've had a quick blast with it, hopefully enough to make it useable for a gig tomorrow night :)

Generally I like it, but I'll still have to pick up a Park Fuzz Sound when they're available for comparison ;)
"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24279
    Have you ever tried the bass specific one?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7787
    edited February 2015
    I don't think so - maybe I should !

I bought this on a bit of a whim and while I've got it to make a useful noise I have got the drive wound all the way off and the tone switched off (which as you know provides the unabated tonal slam).

I'm wondering if what I really want is an OD pedal rather than a fuzz, but as we all know it doesn't really matter to anyone other than me ;)

I'll just have to buy an EQD Palisades as well as the Park Fuzz Sound to be absolutely sure :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2358
    edited February 2015
    Nice score :D

I' ve got the bass one but I haven't tried the Wicker one. (I also have the nano one for guitar but I've never got round to trying both with either guitar, or bass :)) )

This is like the blackadder episode where baldrick says something is bluer than something he's never seen. :)) (I've probably completely misremembered and mangled that quote :)) )
    It occurs to me that I ought to get a Fairfield Circuitry Four Eyes too, otherwise I won't have one.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    Coool :0)
    The gig was "interesting" as the pub wasn't really a music venue and half the folk that were there wanted to hear covers and not our originals, but the Muff seemed to do the job ok (though I couldn't hear myself particularly well) so I shall try it again. :)

I might need to reconsider my Weeping Demon wah because I'm beginning to wonder if its buffered bypass interferes with my basic tone too much (I didn't use it last night and seemed to get back something that I felt had disappeared with the WD7) :(

Another NPD tomorrow :)