Oh Dear.. A Stratelecaster ahem,, 'relic'

What's Hot
equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6207
Another hopeful on ebay.
(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• If there's one thing I can't stand, be it adverts for cars, guitars or anything it's when the adverts are personified into referring to the item as 'she'.
    And you know what else? Those safety lids on bottles of sanatogen. There I am trying to get the lid off and along comes my six year old and says "there you are daddy" and it's off in a Jiffy. Someone's gonna get hurt.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9689
    edited February 2015
    Yes, don't anthropomorphise guitars - they don't like it.

Edit - I see it's Swansea's answer to Mark D Phillips again. What a surprise.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • XWulfhereXWulfhere Frets: 416
    edited February 2015
    "oh the seller loves this item so much he has started to think of it as being a woman, so I must buy it"

No.

I'm actually working in Llanelli this weekend so I could go and have a look at it.
    And you know what else? Those safety lids on bottles of sanatogen. There I am trying to get the lid off and along comes my six year old and says "there you are daddy" and it's off in a Jiffy. Someone's gonna get hurt.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    "Firstly, you need to know this is not Fender Customshop model..." - no shit mate, really? :D
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    I really hate these kind of misleading ads.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• I do like that Telstar/ Stratele thing an awful lot and if I had the money I might get someone like Eternal to make me one and it might even have a light relic ( although might not) but that's just...well...its...well...( shakes head, walks away)...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    it's fraud - the title says "Fender Custom Shop Parts" - and the description says "Fender Standard Parts" - reported for fraudulent listings, dirty trick.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2212
    Includes quality second hand gig bag.

Wat?
  • That second one is hilarious. "Klutson from a Squier".
  • "Manufacturer refurbished"
    "You will not find anything like her or at a price of less than £4000"
    "it is every bit as good as any American Fender Telecaster"
    "It is a top class relic"
    "The body and neck are just perfectly aged with the right amount of dings, road wear and grime."

Like having sex in a lift, this is wrong on so many levels.

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31767
    What is that neck? It has some weird contours around the back of the headstock.
  • It looks like it's been pulled from a burning building....
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3351
    you know if like the seller you where dishonest in your dealings you could buy this through paypal and then claim your money back, as Paypal clearly instruct you not to post counterfeit items back to the seller as doing so is against Uk postal laws. luckily none of would do that right?

• GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    grungebob said:
    you know if like the seller you where dishonest in your dealings you could buy this through paypal and then claim your money back, as Paypal clearly instruct you not to post counterfeit items back to the seller as doing so is against Uk postal laws. luckily none of would do that right?

Paypal actually clearly instruct you to have the guitar destroyed and to certify that you have done such. But you knew that, right?
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440

Gagaryn said:
    grungebob said:

Paypal actually clearly instruct you to have the guitar destroyed and to certify that you have done such. But you knew that, right?
    Oh, it'd get taken apart alright.

Maybe I'd refinish the bits and build a new partscaster out of them, but the guitar he sent me would have been well and truly destroyed. :D

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4209
    The neck is possibly Mexican with that truss rod aperture, but I bizarrely like it, but not at that price.!!!
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16829

I don't think its terrible.

Okay, its not realistic.  Its an extreme example of relicing  but some of the techniques used look good, if you are trying to recreate a guitar thats been used as a fencepost.   I don't think the hardware ageing is terrible, and at least the wood colours seem to have been thought about.

Its all just been taken too far.   The question for me is if the same guy could do a subtle relic that looked anywhere near decent, because i suspect the reason its gone to far is to cover up poorer tehcniques earlier on.   A good relic starts off as a nicely finished guitar

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3486
    I'd be afraid of catching a splinter off that neck... and then dying of tetanus.
  • TheCountTheCount Frets: 274
    edited February 2015
    I bet it would sound great through this: