Dust Covers - who do you recommend?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2469
    @ICBM shame, they make a decent cover, pity they can't prioritise customer service as much as they should.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    edited February 2015
    I've got two Silverstone covers, one for my AC30 and one for my AC4. The one for the AC30 arrived quickly, no problems. The one for the AC4 was a different story. It took forever to have made and then when I did eventually receive to it was pretty badly made, certainly not up to the same standard as the AC30 one. I sent Shaun some photographs expressing my concerns - never heard a peep from him. :x

Consequently when I wanted a cover for my Fender Super Champ X2 I bought a Roqsolid one. It certainly isn't as thick or padded as the Silverstone ones but it's very well made and it arrived quickly with no issues. 

I'll gladly use Roqsolid in the future. :)

In fact the Silverstone website no longer working, maybe they're no longer in business which wouldn't be a surprise given the majority of people's experience of them.

We are all Chameleons...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pmgpmg Frets: 299
    Had positive experience with Roqsolid and D2F
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72720
    strtdv said:
    @ICBM shame, they make a decent cover, pity they can't prioritise customer service as much as they should.
    If that's the style of cover you prefer, the Hotcovers ones are almost identical - apart from always arriving promptly and always being well-made :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11951
    I just throw a hand towel over mine.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 897
    edited March 2015
    So I went for Roqsolid in the end. They took them about a week to make, look very well made and fit my amps perfectly.

A combo cover and amp head cover cost me £90 delivered, with the covered handle flap option and white piping.

As you'll see in the 3rd pic, I also asked them to leave the bottom 10cm of the head cover un-stitched, so I can leave the head connected-up if I want to.

I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • Cool.  I've certainly got no complaints about my Roqsolid covers.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Nice.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22294
    I just throw a hand towel over mine.
    And what do you cover your amp with? 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom