SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED - Zoom MS-70CDR or MS100BT

What's Hot
hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
edited February 2015 in FX £
I'm after a Zoom MS-70CDR or MS-100BT, and before I buy one new (they're £75 and £89 from Anderton's, GAK etc respectively, and a bit cheaper from retailers I've never heard of) I thought I see if any of the good folks here have one they'd like to move on.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4640
    A great piece of kit .. may i suggest looking at the 100BT instead?? that way you get everything in the CDR but also the option to buy small stone, bf2's and other effects through Zoom's stompshare .. i think the extra effects are around £1.50 .. you need an iphone or ipad though to download them though
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    I'm after something that'll give me delay, reverb and chorus and is line level so it works in the loop of my JCA50H. Is the 100BT line level do you know?

I've had a look at the 100BT and it looks to be a good bit of kit but I'd never use the distortions or amp models or buy additional fx for it so it may be overkill. Still, it's about the same money so perhaps it's one to consider. Do you know if it has more processing power than the MS70? I've read about people running out of it with the MS70 and not being able to use certain fx together.

Also, does this mean you're selling one? Lol.

I'm keeping hold of mine thank you very much :) ... i had the CDR but traded in for the 50g then i bought a 100BT.

I have tried the 100 in the loop and it sounded great

I did find on the CDR that i did run out of processing power, but i think that was because i was trying to chain 6 particle reverbs together to see what that sounded like and it couldn't handle it .. having the 50g going into the 100BT is such a powerful combo .. i have most reverbs and modulations covered
    edited February 2015
    Ok, I'll amend the thread title. Thanks for the heads up :)

No worries mate .. GLWTSearch
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    Maybe worth considering a G3 also - doesn't have quite the range of mod/delay/reverbs that the MS70cdr does, but still has a good selection, and with the 3 separate footswitches, it's easier to switch individual effects on and off, if you want to use it that way. Takes up more board space of course...
    @Megii I've got a G1XN that I'll be selling soon, so I don't fancy the G3. TBH I'm looking to reduce the amount of board space used too, ideally I'd like to keep everything on my existing Gator and seeing as how the Slicer is the size of a breeze block it's proving to be a challenge lol.

If I can get good reverb, chorus and delay in a single stompbox sized pedal it would solve a lot of problems, so I'm thinking that the two Zooms are the way forward for me.

I'm about to shift a load of pedals too, are you still wanting first refusal on that Resovibe? Obviously it'll come back to you for the same money I gave if you are. The Slicer is basically fulfilling all of my trem needs and then some!

hobbio said:
    @Megii I've got a G1XN that I'll be selling soon, so I don't fancy the G3. TBH I'm looking to reduce the amount of board space used too, ideally I'd like to keep everything on my existing Gator and seeing as how the Slicer is the size of a breeze block it's proving to be a challenge lol.

If I can get good reverb, chorus and delay in a single stompbox sized pedal it would solve a lot of problems, so I'm thinking that the two Zooms are the way forward for me.

I'm about to shift a load of pedals too, are you still wanting first refusal on that Resovibe? Obviously it'll come back to you for the same money I gave if you are. The Slicer is basically fulfilling all of my trem needs and then some!

The G3 has a lot of the same models as the MS70CDR - I think they must use the same basic chip/programming in fact, so I suspect it sounds a bit better than the G1XN. But I do take your point re board space, and fair enough. Aargh! - the Resovibe - it's a lovely thing if you want a sweet-sounding vintage tremolo, but I'm going to have to be strict with myself and pass on that one. It won't fit on my prospective small pedal board for one thing - very much appreciated that you would give me first refusal though, thank you. :) 

I am getting very tempted by that Dr J compressor though - had any more chance to evaluate that one? Seems like it could be a "boutique" standard pedal for not a lot of dosh...
    edited February 2015
    @Megii I'll be playing through it some more tonight so I'll expand on my first impressions post for you.

As for the Resovibe, I'll be asking market value (whatever that is) but if there's a profit after postage costs I'll split it with you cos I know you sold it to me quite cheap.

hobbio said:
    @Megii I'll be playing through it some more tonight so I'll expand on my first impressions post for you.

As for the Resovibe, I'll be asking market value (whatever that is) but if there's a profit after postage costs I'll split it with you cos I know you sold it to me quite cheap.
    Re the Resovibe - that's really going too far mate, though very kind of you to even think of that. But don't be daft - just sell it for what it can fetch, and keep the money! :D Anyhow, I thought with hindsight I might have pushed the value of the RAT just a bit, and I did sell you the two pedals together as a package. It all balances out in the end... :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    And yes please - really would appreciate some more impressions re the Dr J comp. :)
    Fair enough mate :)

Bumpity bump! 

Now sorted, I bought a MS-70CDR new.

When I compared it with the 100BT I found that the 70CDR is better for my intended use.

Excellent news, let me know how you get on with it and if you need any help programming it
    Will do mate.

Once it's here I should be able to finalise my board, get everything velcro'd down and tidy up the patch and power cables.

I can't wait to have a play with it!

It is large reverb tweakable heaven
    I'm looking forward to trying the shimmer model in particular. Now I just need an ABY pedal for stereo goodness... :D