Marty Friedman meets Metal Effector

What's Hot
bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
This popped up in my Youtube subscriptions.   It's Marty Friedman playing heavy metal distortion pedals.  I figured some of you might be interested:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    Well I wasn't expecting that.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yup. What did you think sounded the best? I dont play metal so some sounded awful IMO but the blackstar metal sounded decent and you could probably tweak it fir a half decent rawk sound. The TC electtonic dark matter is nice. Surprised to see it there as it's not metal at all. The Rottweiler would have been a better choice.
  • I liked the blackstar the most, the Emma pedal sounded good, too. The worst was the digitech. And the okko is more of a fuzz box to my ears.

Pleasant surprise from the palmer, too.
  • Yeah that Okko would be ok for sludge and stoner and doom stuff. The digitech sounded horrifIc.
    I looked last night, and I can't view it again atm cos YT is blocked at work.

There was one pedal that made me turn it off though, I'll look again later and find out which one. Fucking horrible sounding thing it was.

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24279
    My japanese is rusty.

What?
    hobbio said:

There was one pedal that made me turn it off though, I'll look again later and find out which one. Fucking horrible sounding thing it was.
    It was the Digitech. Fucking awful, fizzy shit that shouldn't have made it into production.

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    hobbio said:
    hobbio said:

It was the Digitech. Fucking awful, fizzy shit that shouldn't have made it into production.

I have one, and it's never sounded as bad as the one in this vid. Too much treble dialled in.

Although I will concede there is no (well very few) mids available in the pedal. Works well for a metal rhythm into a clean DSL. Less good for leads. Although, boosted by a Digitech Hothead leads are decent.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21)