NPD - Whirly, Whirly, Spin, Spin, Vomit.

What's Hot
randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521

Got this a couple of days ago and despite a couple of local power cuts (not connected I hope) I have being playing with it a lot.  I've always had a rotary speaker as part of my setup and it is essential for me at times.  To save lugging my Yammie RA around I looked for floor solutions and uncovered a lot of shit along the way.  I liked the Rotosphere but what with already having an immovable Replex on my board and usually a Tube Factor, then unless I board myself a flatbed artic trailer I would be struggling to squeeze another H&K pedal in.  I settled on the reasonably impressive Boss RT-20 which at points could nail the clean amp plus separate Leslie with just the right mix.  I fancied trying the simplicity of the Mini Vent and for what it does it is simply awesome.

I truly love it.  My one concern about it that I am yet to answer is whether the inability to adjust speeds other than a preset slow or fast may become a hinderance or whether we have just become obsessed with relying of tap tempos as in truth the Yammie RA is never set to an exact tempo.

https://images.static-thomann.de/pics/prod/321093.jpg

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I'm sure that you are aware, but the larger vent allows you to adjust speed (at the expense of more pedalboard space), Pete Thorn's demo sounds really nice.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @maidenfan You're not helping... I'm already considering trading up, had just got it out of my system then you go say that. ;)
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30925
    @randomhandclaps

Turn in your 'ManCard' and read the manual. You've about 14 settings on it. It takes some fiddling but it's well worth it.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Gassage said:
    @randomhandclaps

Turn in your 'ManCard' and read the manual. You've about 14 settings on it. It takes some fiddling but it's well worth it.
    @Gassage - been doing that this morning.  It's tricky because it's so playable.  It's staying though as I've been comparing it to RA recordings.
  • @maidenfan You're not helping... I'm already considering trading up, had just got it out of my system then you go say that. ;)
    They both sound fantastic, for the sake of a few more inches......
  • breadfanbreadfan Frets: 379
    edited February 2015
    I have the Ventilator 2 & I rarely adjust the controls. It's a 'set & forget' type effect, for me anyway. 

I'd have gone for the mini if I'd had the chance to compare them side by side, before buying.