NPD - an unexpected guest

What's Hot
Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7828
As mentioned elsewhere, I have an ever-changing list of want/need/maybe pedals which I intend to add to my small but interesting collection.

This wasn't on the list but came at a moment where I thought I might be about to add it (and a couple of others) to the maybe list, and it managed to jump the queue :)

EQD Ghost Echo in sparkly black which is currently sitting alongside the wackier EQD Afterneath. There is a degree of overlap in what they do, but that means I can play around with the other extremes of both and not be worried about it :)

Many thanks to @Wazmeister for his efforts to get it to me a.s.a.p. I better go and play it some more :)
"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I managed to pick one up too recently, and as you say it feels like a more 'sensible' version of the Afterneath, but there's definitely a place for both!
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It really is a lovely pedal... I will maybe get one again in the future. The EQD stuff is voiced 'just right' to my ears...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7828
    One curiosity is that if I send what I'm guessing is too hot a signal into it (and this applies to the Afterneath too) I get a (not unpleasant ;) ) distorted sound from it, so it might need a compressor/limiter in front if I want to be sure to avoid such things (or play quieter ;) )

This happened with both a BK-equipped electric (only when really digging in) and my active bass (on some lower notes).
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Same issue with my Dispatch Master. I work around that though as I love the sound of it so much
  • Paul_C said:
    One curiosity is that if I send what I'm guessing is too hot a signal into it (and this applies to the Afterneath too) I get a (not unpleasant ;) ) distorted sound from it, so it might need a compressor/limiter in front if I want to be sure to avoid such things (or play quieter ;) )

This happened with both a BK-equipped electric (only when really digging in) and my active bass (on some lower notes).
    That kinda sucks... You'd expect an ambience type pedal to have oodles of headroom. 

Unless it's intentional?
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    edited February 2015
    Wazmeister;519322" said:
    It really is a lovely pedal... I will maybe get one again in the future. The EQD stuff is voiced 'just right' to my ears...
    My thoughts exactly.

Ive had the ghost echo for a few years and its never left my board.