Anyone fancy modding my MXR Blue Box?

What's Hot
JadedJaded Frets: 127
Got round to plugging it in again today and remembered just how awesome and frustrating it is! Even with the C11 mod it still has a pretty hefty volume drop and now I've finally noticed the signal bleed when it's bypassed... and yet I still (want to) love this thing! 

Came across this (LINK) mod which seems to basically involve inserting a Super Hard On before the volume knob. This plus maybe adding true bypass switching and undoing the C11 mod (or making it switchable) seems like it would solve a lot of the issues. 

So anyone fancy having a go (for some money obviously)? It's all a bit beyond my limited abilities.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Slightly related: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/6863/dod-buzz-box/p1

I'm sure Chris would be game.
  • @Juansolo or @4114Effects might be able to help you
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72550
    Put it in one loop of a Boss LS-2.

Probably cheaper than getting the pedal modded (if you have to pay someone to do it), cures both the problems and allows you to blend the clean signal with the effect for more control. OK, it also takes up twice as much space on the pedalboard...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JadedJaded Frets: 127
    Thanks guys, I'll send them a PM and see what they say. 

@ICBM - That's how I used to use it, solved most of the issues really but I'm having to stick to a smaller pedalboard at the moment (PT Mini) so space is an (annoying) issue :(