Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Show us your fancy guitar straps

What's Hot

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30357
    Sassafras said:   I don't like taking them on and off because it makes the strap ends all soft and the holes get bigger.
    That must play havoc with your sex life, if you apply the same logic   :-O
    What sex life?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3847
    I'm afraid I just have a couple of tatty versions of these.

I don't stand up much now.
    :(

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    I have about 5 black Ernie Ball Straps, 2 red, 2 grey Fender versions of this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/Niallmo/01B67C4A-EAEA-4755-9DF5-7A245109DC9E_zps4zvoscsw.jpg

I have a Brown Dimarzio clip lock that I won at a GasFest on the Trohman and I've just ordered one of these for the RG to go with the hot pink pickups and controls its getting.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Neil said:
    I'm afraid I just have a couple of tatty versions of these.

I don't stand up much now.
    :(

I like them, or the other nylon webbing with cheap plastic sliders products from other makers eg Guitar Tech (JHS). I prefer them in black (blue at a pinch). Each guitar has its own - as someone else said, to save wear on the hole in the leather bit. And they're cheap enough so if you have a lot of guitars you're not spending sh!tloads.

I used to have a leather one with a big brass buckle. The buckle caused dings on my guitar when I stood it on the stand or put it in the case. I've still got it but won't use it.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • I find these the most comfy. I like Satriani a lot so obviously thought I'd give them a try, but I've not turned back:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    I'm in the process of moving over to plain black DiMarzio Cliplocks. I'm waiting for StringsDirect to have the clips back instock so I can move all my guitars over to the same 3" cliplock.

3" cos my Dean and Agile weigh 9-11lbs each I think, and my Harley Benton 7s bass weighs 13-14lbs. Fucking heavy that thing
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    I don't like those nylon ones because they're very slippery especially with neck heavy guitars. Suede's good, it stays in place better.
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7420
    edited February 2015
    Fender Tweed all the way for me. Obviously OSG will disown me for the lack of Souldier, but this just works for me. they get so comfortable as they age too. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • horsehorse Frets: 1648
    @geepers0677 - you need to share your strap in this thread
  • Sassafras said:
    I don't like those nylon ones because they're very slippery especially with neck heavy guitars. Suede's good, it stays in place better.
    I normally blame the slipperyness on the kind of shirt/jumper I'm wearing.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • GavHaus said:
    Fender Tweed all the way for me. Obviously OSG will disown me for the lack of Souldier, but this just works for me. they get so comfortable as they age too. 

+1 I generally use this strap too but I have been using a planet waves strap with locks built into it. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • horse said:
    @geepers0677 - you need to share your strap in this thread
    Will do bud:

It catches the light in different ways so a few pics below - I have two, one for my electric and one for my acoustic. Custom made in the US and imported. There are only two of these in existence thanks to the very specific name of the band.
    From some festivals last year:
    From the Borderline: 

It makes a little appearance at 2.55 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyZ5M8ZEj0M

Took about 6 weeks from order to arrival, but I think it was tied up in customs for ages. Weirdly the first arrived with a load of customs charges and held up in the system and the second just arrived through the letterbox with no charges. Odd.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ^^^^^ Nothing to do with straps, but I really like that song
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    edited February 2015
    Phil_aka_Pip;521391" said:
    Sassafras said:

I normally blame the slipperyness on the kind of shirt/jumper I'm wearing.
    Cliplocks are pretty much seatbelt material, so quite slippy. But shirts make ALL the difference, i cant play in my school shirt but jumpers and t shirts are fine. And I swear to god my Agile could not be more neck heavy if it tried. Huge 30" scale length and ginormous Reverse 8in line headstock, coupled with the upper stap pin ending way short of 12th.
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • horsehorse Frets: 1648
    hubobulous;521494" said:
    ^^^^^ Nothing to do with straps, but I really like that song
    Cheers buddy - plenty more at www.dexeterband.co.uk
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 702
    edited February 2015
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3487
    Yeah I'm more the cheap nylon eb straps type of guy. Used them from year dot of my playing and they suit me fine, plus cheap enough to replace.
    Metal buckle on strap, that's just asking for trouble especially on a nice Gretsch.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I find these the most comfy. I like Satriani a lot so obviously thought I'd give them a try, but I've not turned back:

Ditto. Mine's the cliplock jobby:

http://static.music123.com/derivates/18/001/682/363/DV016_Jpg_Large_580133.735_skull_and_bones_folded.jpg
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...