NPD: At Last ! A Great Analog Chorus

What's Hot
WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9591
Tried loads, usual story... but this one, wow !

The brilliant Tortuga Martini.

Beautiful harmonic and sweet tones, and in a gorgeous package.
Special thanks to @Majorscale for a great transaction.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1622
    Nice pedal, Waz, could be my old one, that. I sold it on here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Real sweet lookin' too............
  • I like these new pedal days from you @wazmeister , they're like film trailers letting everyone know whats going to be available for general release (i.e sale) soon.

Each post, in my head anyway, has the tagline "Coming soon to a classifieds near you"
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Preston61 - cheeky buggar !

Less so these days mate - im finally getting the gear i love and what works for me.... But you never know !

This pedal just sounds amd feels right to me, without that out of tune sounds, or slick 80s cliche.

• I love a nice chorus. The digitech hardwire is a great digital one, but my favourite chorus that I've tried so far is the dod fx65. BSSM in a box! No idea why chorus is so out of fashion.

Happy npd, looks great!
  • Cool pedal Warren!
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24562
    I love a nice chorus. The digitech hardwire is a great digital one, but my favourite chorus that I've tried so far is the dod fx65. BSSM in a box! No idea why chorus is so out of fashion.

Happy npd, looks great!
    Don't worry - as soon as Faster Pussycat and Stryper are cool again, so will chorus!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7811
    edited February 2015
    I love a nice chorus. The digitech hardwire is a great digital one, but my favourite chorus that I've tried so far is the dod fx65. BSSM in a box! No idea why chorus is so out of fashion.

Happy npd, looks great!
    Because you step on it and it screams WELCOME TO THE 1980's!

Disclaimer: at least that's what lots of people think.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Because you step on it and it screams WELCOME TO THE 1980's!

Disclaimer: at least that's what lots of people think.

That's not really a bad thing, there was a lot of good music in the 80's.

a lot of shite too admittedly

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I LOVE chorus - not on lead parts but to add some movement/warmth to rhythm parts/arpeggios, there's nothing better.

I'd argue than other modulation effects are far more 'dated'. Nothing screams 'Dark Side of the Moon' more than a phaser - and flangers are too extreme.

And a lot of really interesting guitar playing happened in the '80s. There's no one in mainstream music as adept as Andy Summers these days. He rewrote the rules for 'rhythm guitar' in my book.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FazerFazer Frets: 467
    aye, love the chorus when done well.
    the police, rush, early cocteau twins 'n' stuff, cyndi lauper!

especially lush in stereo/stereo

• Chorus is a funky effect for me, no strumming or sustaining arpeggios - that's 80's and great if it's your bag - but for thick staccato funk chops it sounds ace. I also like a bit of John Scofield swirl on the odd lead line, but you need a fast top speed on the chorus for that faux Leslie vibe, some need modding to go fast enough.
  • markvmarkv Frets: 460
    I recently resurrected my DOD FX65 after a long time (must be analogue because I bought it before digital effects existed). Sounds awesome in front of some drive (and yes, very 80s).

Just had a little listen to a demo of the Tortuga Martini, sounds aces. Enjoy!
  • The Martini is clear and chimey, without being cheesy !

My chorus sounds I guess, are shaped by Marr, Weller, REM, The Beat,The Icicle Works, Richard Thompson etc.

• FazerFazer Frets: 467
    i dont think of chorus as 1980s

to me the 1980s is horrible smothering reverb, that compressed rocktron guitar sound (ok, i suppose that is often chorusy), and that appalling cardboard drum sound with a hideous snare drum that sound like someone hitting a bin