Some people are thoughtless t***s

gilbygilby Frets: 176
edited October 2013 in Off Topic
So yesterday, washed and polished 65ft of narrowboat. Today, cleaned, tidied and polished woodwork (again)
Bloke and his mrs are due to view the boat between 5 & 6pm, he's got a couple of hours driving. I texts at 4.20 and ask if he wants me to meet him somewhere as we're well off the beaten track and it'd be easier to follow me.
Sorry mate, can't make it today, we'll have to rearrange another time.
So, at what point of the day do you think he made that decision ? Do you think he'd even thought of letting me know ?
Tosser.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15860

yup, welcome to world of the terminal time wasters.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• gilbygilby Frets: 176
    I warned the mrs it could be like this.
    When we put our flat up for sale we had shit loads of views and the main response until we dropped price ? We can't afford it.
    So why view something you can't afford ?

The mrs got in from work and she's furious. I'm trying to be positive, it's all stuff that needed to be done. It just would of been easier to have done it next weekend on her weekend off and we could of shared the graft.
  • dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182
    Nice. I was annoyed enough when another of that sort reckoned they were attending mine to view a metal muff, and never flipping turned up a couple of weekends ago - can't imagine how pleased you must have been after all that work :(

Hope you get it sold soon, with minimal further timewasters.
    Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current

• paulkpaulk Frets: 318
    Yup, some people are thoughtless, rude arseholes. Good luck with the sale!
    Cheers peeps.
    Got a feeling we'll be taking this to the local marina and get them to sell via their brokerage. We'll loose some money (5% plus VAT) but it'll save all this crap. I just didn't want to pay boat licence and rent.
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Par for the course these days with buyers unfortunately, bloody tyre kicking feckers. Hope you get a sale soon dude.

Failing that go to your roughest pub near a harbour preferably and arrange for it to have an unfortunate accident of the insurance fire kind. ;)

Only joking of course because we all know it is only kneecapping available there, £50 a knee cap or £70 the pair guv. 
    :D
    Hmm, insurance.
    Notoriously pointless is canal boat insurance. Most aren't paid out, they all ways get around it by saying negligence, poor maintenance. There's many a tale of people trying to claim a fire started on the engine room.