Break a rule, change the world.

What's Hot
DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4601
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7828
    I found that a little while ago, when I arranged my pedals into more of a "correct" order they didn't make some of the noises I liked when they were in the "wrong" order, so I moved them back :)

I'm assuming that something like the Gigrig G2 allows you to swap the order of pedals about when changing patches, if so then one day I shall have to get one :)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    Thanks for posting :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    That's taking it a step further than me
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72550
    Or… Change the order, break an amp.

:)

I tried that "ruin everything" idea with a big mean distortion at the end of the chain. It all went quite well until I blew up two amps with it - neither of them mine.

The only saving grace is that because I fix amps I was able to repair them as well, and because they were a rehearsal studio's amps it wasn't someone's pride and joy that I'd blown - I was even quite fair about the repair bill ;).

But I never did it at a shared-backline gig after that, so it was a good thing to find out.

Running reverb before distortion is hardly original either, Neil Young has been doing it since about 1969.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom