SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Marshall AFD 100 Slash

What's Hot
XPAULXXPAULX Frets: 1
edited November 2013 in Amps £

Hello,

I want to sell my Marshall AFD 100 - Slash signature amplifier. The amp is in a very good condition, it has never been gigged and only occasionally been used. 

SOLD

It comes with the following: 
-original cover 
-manual 
-certificate of authenticy 
-original footswitch 
-original packaging 
-power lead 

It is a great amp by Marshall, especially with the power scaling feature, which makes the amp suitable to be played at bedroom level! 
I am only selling because it is sitting in my room as I don't play guitar anymore. 
No trades, but offers are welcome! 

imageimageimage

imageimageimageimageimageimageCash on collection or you need to arrange your courier. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• These fetch more like £750-£850 secondhand.....

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25495
    I got over a grand for mine

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• dhaywood67dhaywood67 Frets: 113
    edited October 2013
    Comment retracted
  • Weren't they £1300 odd new?
  • These fetch more like £750-£850 secondhand.....

It does appear that the original Slash marshall model is fetching more on the secondhand market than the AFD model.

Funny as prices on the original were driven down once the AFD came out but the tables have turned yet again!

It's rather bad form to slag off someone's ad. Especially if you haven't got any interest in buying it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2769
    It's rather bad form to slag off someone's ad. Especially if you haven't got any interest in buying it.

+1   why not send a pm if you're trying to be helpful - people can always make an offer if they disagree about a price.

Very nice looking amp btw :)
  • It's rather bad form to slag off someone's ad. Especially if you haven't got any interest in buying it.

Whos slagging the ad off? Personally I was pointing out the market price given my own knowledge of the product. plus who said i wasnt interested? Surely the seller has the right to advertise the price they want and doesnt have to sell the item if they dont want to for a penny less. However a propective buyer also has a right to point out a realistic selling price based on research of the market value.....

• XPAULXXPAULX Frets: 1

Whos slagging the ad off? Personally I was pointing out the market price given my own knowledge of the product. plus who said i wasnt interested? Surely the seller has the right to advertise the price they want and doesnt have to sell the item if they dont want to for a penny less. However a propective buyer also has a right to point out a realistic selling price based on research of the market value.....
    I completely agree with your arguments but it would be beneficial for yourself to back these up with facts. I have done some research aswell, which tells me that my price may be the top end of the scale but still within the overall range, as they go from £850-£1300.

Last three sold amps on ebay:

-£1,021.00 (he says 'new' but the amp is 2 years old)
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MARSHALL-AFD100-SLASH-SIGNATURE-HEAD-/111144662765?pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL&hash=item19e0bcf6ed

-£850.00
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Marshall-AFD100-Slash-Amplifier-/200951243018?pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL&hash=item2ec9a0a10a

-£1,368.13 (I do understand that it's a US listing)
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Marshall-Slash-Signature-AFD100-Appetite-for-Destruction-100W-Tube-Guitar-Amp-/200956220217?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ec9ec9339

The last two gumtree listings (we do not know if they have been sold for the price) are £900 and £1,200 (excluding my ad).

If you want to drop the price then you are, as others pointed out, welcome to send me a message and we go from there. I am open to offers.

• EvildurkaEvildurka Frets: 351
    I got £800 for mine this year, great amp and would have one again if I had the space. The originals jcm slash is a monster too but not very home friendly compared to the Afd. I reckon they will both rocket in price in the next 10 years. Good luck with the sale dude :)
  • Trade for a Les Paul?

A prospective buyer has a right to make an offer. That is very different from making a simple statement that the asking price is too high. That just looks like an attempt to interfere.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Trade for a Les Paul?
    Hi,

I am sorry but I don't play guitar anymore and believe it or not I want to use the money to fund a piano!

Thanks for the offer tho!
  • supessupes Frets: 193
    Just a suggestion, but you might find a Les Paul easier to sell than the AFD, you might not want it, but very few fail to sell if priced accordingly.
    edited October 2013
    supes said:
    Just a suggestion, but you might find a Les Paul easier to sell than the AFD, you might not want it, but very few fail to sell if priced accordingly.
    Interesting comment however it would depend on several facts (what model, what condition).
    Most importantly, if someone is offering a trade and I agree to trade my item for his/hers, than in the process I have made sure that the new item is at least as finacially valuable as my old one but it is also unlikely that it will be of more finacial value. That would imply that I would not necessarely speed up the process (taken the time for the first transaction to happen + the time for the new item to sell) and I would, under ordinary circumstances, not create a financial gain as the new item will be of the same financial value as the old, which makes the suggestions rather pointless given my circumstances.
  • It's rather bad form to slag off someone's ad. Especially if you haven't got any interest in buying it.

A prospective buyer has a right to make an offer. That is very different from making a simple statement that the asking price is too high. That just looks like an attempt to interfere.

Touche, My own comments were made purely on the basis of my own dealings selling my own AFD. Nearly all the listings ive seen at £1200+ remain unsold or get pulled ( presumably on the basis of a cash offer). Im not one to lurk or troll others posts :(

No one said that you did, its all good. 
    How much would you offer if you want the AFD back?
  • Pm'd

Still up for sale
    Price drop: £1050