NPD! bye bye POD

What's Hot
noobstixnoobstix Frets: 11
Sold my POD HD300 this week and picked up my first ever real-life big-boy pedals!

MXR Smart Gate
Great noise gate, a lot of diversity and doesn't choke the tone at all from what I've tried.

Maxon OD9
Unfortunately it took me 12 years of guitar playing to realise that you could use an OD pedal as a clean boost.... This is a game changer for my JVM215C... completely tightens up the tone!

Earthquaker Devices Master Dispatch 
This is a delay/reverb combo, you can have one or the other or both. It sounds amazing! goes all the way from subtle reverb all the way to spacey OTT ambient sound. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hi Rob! :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice and shiny. Cool pedals. :-)
  • You should bring them with you next time you're up, I wanna try the EQD! :)
  • Rob,

Man, I wish my early ventures into 'pedalville' had been this wise !

Now, here's some Dad-like advice that you, and we all, may ignore... Later on, you will get GAS for seemingly bigger, shinier, more expensive tempting pedals. If you love those sounds, DO NOT sell them !

And never ever bin that EQD DM... Nothing out there comes close to it imho ! Enjoy.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • That was my thinking exactly, I'd rather spend more on something that not only sounds better but will last me for longer. That and they were shiny. :)
  • I just saw this post on Reddit oddly enough. Love the dispatch master, nice score.
  • A quick demo of the DM if anyone is interested
    EBMM JPX - JVM215C clean - FX Loop with DM - Emulated line out
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom