Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wanted: Fender Strat Loan

What's Hot
SO having saved enough money for a Custom Shop strat, to then have the kitchen floor in the new house eat some of that money and setting my sights lower, the money I had remaining has now been taken up by car troubles, I am making a long shot request.

I have looked through this forum and have seen that some of you have guitars you dont use, so I thought I would ask and see if anyone in the South Wales area might be kind enough to loan me their unused for a few months or more?

AM after one with a rosewood board and as thick a neck as possible. 

I know it's unlikely but it never hurts to ask
6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Ha ha nice one! \:D/
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • preston61preston61 Frets: 690
    Desperate times call for laughable measures I guess.

However, there are a lot of good folk on here so I thought it had to be worth a try. The amount of times I've read in the classifieds that people are selling because the guitar has been sat in its case for a year or hasn't been played, just thought I could provide a service so that they can see how much they miss the guitar when it goes, lol. But they then get the joy of being able to get it back and I've been able to play a strat, everyone wins :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1323
    Good luck.  I mean that sincerely.  If someone who doesn't know you is prepared to trust you with something so precious and/or valuable, not just that you won't disappear with it, but that you will take the very greatest care of it, then I will feel like the world is a better place.  I already kind of do because you asked the question actually :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • luscombeluscombe Frets: 155

Hi

I'm not in South Wales, but I've recently suffered a stroke, which left me partially paralyzed down my left side and can't play any of my guitars anymore. I have a couple of Strats that should fit the bill, and a couple more with maple necks. I'm in central England on the Staffordshire/Shropshire border.

All the best

Jeff

0reaction image LOL 44reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • And there you go

Thanks to @luscombe our faith in the human kind should be fully restored

What a thoroughly nice gesture, but at the same time so sorry to hear you cant play any more mate

• maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 563

What a top bloke . . . That is a sincere act of kindness not often seen these days :-)

Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

• johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Kudos and props to @luscombe and here's hoping that it is possible for you to make a full or partial recovery dude.

We need more of these kinds of acts of kindness, colour me humbled.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15686
    what the others said, very generous Luscombe, and hope you make a quick and full recovery.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    Wishing you the best, luscombe. :)
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3948
    luscombe said:

Hi

I'm not in South Wales, but I've recently suffered a stroke, which left me partially paralyzed down my left side and can't play any of my guitars anymore. I have a couple of Strats that should fit the bill, and a couple more with maple necks. I'm in central England on the Staffordshire/Shropshire border.

All the best

Jeff

Top man. All the best to you.
  • Bloody hell top banana! Well done to both of you!
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1323
    Absolutely second all the above sentiments.  All the best to you in your recovery, luscombe.
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    luscombe;50773" said:
    HiI'm not in South Wales, but I've recently suffered a stroke, which left me partially paralyzed down my left side and can't play any of my guitars anymore. I have a couple of Strats that should fit the bill, and a couple more with maple necks. I'm in central England on the Staffordshire/Shropshire border.All the best Jeff
    Jeff
    Was shocked to read this. I'll drop you a pm later when I have a bit more time but anything I can do just let me know.

Jase
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    Btw. I've got a Jooky strat with a r/w board in the loft that you can have for the price of shipping and a beer

Jase
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3340

All the best with your recovery @luscombe and that's a wonderfully kind gesture.

Good man!

=D>
  • @luscombe I hope you make a full recovery soon

• luscombeluscombe Frets: 155

Thanks for all the kind comments. It's no big deal. I have lots of guitars - all of them top quality instruments. It would give me more pleasure to see them used occasionally than just hoard them at home.

Unfortunately, I'm unlikely to make a full recovery, so I'll have to part with them all eventually. I believe Dave Davies suffered a stroke and did manage to play again, but it just seems beyond me. The fingers on my left hand don't feel like they belong to me!

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    luscombe said:

Thanks for all the kind comments. It's no big deal. I have lots of guitars - all of them top quality instruments. It would give me more pleasure to see them used occasionally than just hoard them at home.

Unfortunately, I'm unlikely to make a full recovery, so I'll have to part with them all eventually. I believe Dave Davies suffered a stroke and did manage to play again, but it just seems beyond me. The fingers on my left hand don't feel like they belong to me!

This thread....my word it's honestly heartbreaking to me.

Faith in humanity restored indeed.

@luscombe I wish you all the absolute very best.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3340
    edited October 2013
    luscombe said:

Unfortunately, I'm unlikely to make a full recovery, so I'll have to part with them all eventually. I believe Dave Davies suffered a stroke and did manage to play again, but it just seems beyond me. The fingers on my left hand don't feel like they belong to meT

Apologies - that's an accidental LOL from me when it should've been a WOW - damn these clickers. Mods, @Monquixote, can you change this?
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    edited October 2013
    Heart warming thread.

I myself could use a large breasted women (no relics, ta).

Anyone?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom