Today I learned a new thing... what did you learn today?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Sambo's going to be the next Prime Minister: He talks the talk.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Sambo's going to be the next Prime Minister: He talks the talk.
    Or he'll be institutionalised - there's a fine line I think
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Have you considered that he could already be institutionalised? It could be that he just has Internet access in his cell.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16044
    Sambostar said:

You have an itchy butt and worms come off on your fingers when you scratch it at night.

I think the link between ADHD and gut flora might be dubious, maybe more kids these days just get diagnosed than they did in our day.

Hoots, I hear this loads, especially with older women who liked to garden and had loads of ticks in deer infested areas all their lives.  The doctors misdiagnose fibromyalgia which seemed to be their top answer for everything for the so called hypochondriac.  The GP will be reluctant to send off bloodwork for testing though as it costs and even if they send it off, it may come back clear and you can't send off a second time, so it's hard to figure in the secondary stages.  But I'm not a doctor, only a hypochondriac, so probably not of much assistance.  It could be a lot of immune things, a virus or early onset arthritis or a combination or loads of things.  I believe there is a newly qualified Doctor in the house though.  I don't know how you cure it anyhow?  Repeated antibiotics?

I don't plan on getting old, but guess it might happen anyway. I'II be a miserable, lyme disease ridden, worm infested, greasy haired, balding, lonesome git with few teeth, most probably living in a caravan in the woods somewhere.

New research suggest that showering once every three days at the most is better for you though, as your skin needs beneficial bacteria.  So at least I feel less like a stinky gypo now.

I never do get ill though.  Apart from in the USA, where the humidity is 20% in winter.  I kind of like this damp land of algae where even reflective road signs get a covering of green algae on them.

yeah I think that's the way.......we'd rather have Lymes disease I think because it's curable... so they say, on the other hand, one is well and truly fucked with Fibro......
    tae be or not tae be
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rocktronrocktron Frets: 806
    So, after having a conversation with a relative in the USA over Skype, I noticed that the webcam light on my Windows 7 laptop has remained lit, and there is no webcam software installed to switch off the light. . . .and to take take self-portraits, as was in Windows XP. 

I haven't observed this before, and I'm not sure if this is peculiar to this Dell Laptop..

Of course,  portraits can be taken with the Skype software, but IIRC, Windows XP came with dedicated camera software and a desktop camera icon.

All is not lost however. I downloaded http://picasa.google.com/, and used the "Capture photos or video from a webcam or other video device".tool from the toolbar icon.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom