Installing new switch on Wah help

welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1816
Installing a new DPDT on my old Jen and I'm wondering if there is any rule of thumb with regards to the height of the protuaion of the switch in the housing - to get the toe-down switching right - I seem to remember that my old crybaby was a right pain in the arse and is still not right.

Is there a good way of getting this right 1st time - caliper jobbie or some other mojo magic that I need?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72510
    No. The only way is to guess and try it - the 'click' force as the rubber or felt pads are compressed is incredibly sensitive to the exact height of the bushing. It can be a right pain to set... but less irritating than a wah which either turns itself off every time you go for the treble end or needs your entire weight balanced on it to turn it on :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1816
    ICBM said:
    No. The only way is to guess and try it - the 'click' force as the rubber or felt pads are compressed is incredibly sensitive to the exact height of the bushing. It can be a right pain to set... but less irritating than a wah which either turns itself off every time you go for the treble end or needs your entire weight balanced on it to turn it on :).
    LOL!!, yeah since re-instating my old Crybaby, I now remember why it was retired in the first place - I have to step...well almost jump up and down on it to get to turn on/off!!!! I have re-adjusted it once and it was then a case of just walking past it and it would engage..

OK, nothing for it but a few nights of frustration armed with a spanner...
  • TheCountTheCount Frets: 274
    Super glue plastic washers under the treadle where it hits the switch, worked for me