Strong velcro - where you buy it from?

What's Hot
KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1297
Wherever I buy it from, ebay, hallfords, diy stores, it never seems strong enough to stick well to my pedals. As a result my pedalboard is a one big mess everytime going to rehearsal. The only one I had that was great came with warwick rockcase, but haven't got any left of it now.
So where do you buy yours, any trusted supplier with quality stuff?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Fabric stores, bouncy castle suppliers

Or 3m dual lock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    Some of the best stuff I ever had came from the 99p shop - I could easily lift my whole large pedalboard up by any of the pedals without them even wiggling.

Getting them unstuck was the problem. :))
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935

I got mine from the herbadashery stall on my local market...its just fine! Thing I'm wondering is...are you removing or covering the rubber back on your pedals before attaching the Velcro ? I mean if not then nothings gonna stick! I just cover the rubber backing on the pedals with that brown parcel tape..then stick the Velcro to this and its just fine then! And I don't just put thin strips on I carpet the whole back of the pedal and then once its on my board its never coming off till I have to carefully peel the pedal off the board by tipping the pedal sideways whilst holding the Velcro on the pedal board down to keep from being uprooted!

Loads of Velcro on ebay to......easy stuff to come by!

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    Remember to clean off the surfaces you're sticking the velcro to with lighter fluid or alcohol. That should help make a stronger bond.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6197
    tFB Trader
    Ultra strong velcro. Black 50mm, I buy it from Amazon.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    The 50 shades a grey shop.

It's bound to happen at some point!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1297
    Thanks for all the tips guys. Never thought of preparing the base surface prior to attaching velcro to pedal. Thing is them warwick strips were so strong that if peeled off they were taking the pedal label off too, hence never worried about it before.
  • IIRC I got mine in B&Q. Put some on the back of my Palmer PDI-09 so I could stick it to the inside of my AC30. The strip on the back of the PDI-09 is not coming off no way no how, it's going nowhere. The other bit sticks to it way better than it sticks to the inside of the cabinet. It peels off the wood. So the removable bit is the sticky that ought to stick to the wood, not the velcro ...
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1261
    http://www.wilko.com/hooks-and-hanging/velcro-stick-on-heavy-duty-white-50mmx1m/invt/0343197

From your local friendly high street. 

Seriously, when they say "heavy duty" and "a handy alternative to nails" they're not kidding, this stuff is awesome (rated to hold 15Kg) and at 5cm wide a metre is enough to stick a *lot* of pedals down!
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9585
    edited February 2015
    3M Dual - in 25mm squares from ebay. Very very strong though, and you might need one of these to remove your pedals...

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q493/Warren3333/P1030450.jpg

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6197
    tFB Trader
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • JayGee said:
    http://www.wilko.com/hooks-and-hanging/velcro-stick-on-heavy-duty-white-50mmx1m/invt/0343197

From your local friendly high street. 

Seriously, when they say "heavy duty" and "a handy alternative to nails" they're not kidding, this stuff is awesome (rated to hold 15Kg) and at 5cm wide a metre is enough to stick a *lot* of pedals down!
    I bought this and it nearly ripped the carpet up when I accidentily dropped it.
  • I get mine from hobbycraft but they do charge quite a bit - but sell it by the metre so you can get an exact amount