Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NGD - Ishibashi and Pink Paisley content

What's Hot

I have lusted after a pink paisley telecaster since the reissues in 1996 - I still remember looking at the one in Sharon Music on maidstone highstreet - as well as the blue flower, seem to recall they were 450 GBP...

So fast Forward nearly 20 years and finally I have one courtesy of Ishibashi in Japan.

As a few people have been wondering about IshiBashi I would recommend them - they made a mistake on my address, but that can happen and they were really quick to fix it. They resent the guitar Friday pm and I got it this morning (in Zürich) that's quicker than Thomann and Musicstore can do.

The guitar was well packaged in 2 boxes, bubble wrap and it came in a cheap Fender soft case.

Exciting packaging photo:

http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj611/Patrick_Redford/Pink3a_zps045f2f5b.jpg

What I do notice though is that Ishibashi were running a promo on this quitar with free lead, strings, strap, cappo and tuner. this package didn't get included - and I was very careful to order the correct SKU - oh well.

Swiss Customs charged me at a higher value than I paid as the fx rate has changed...

Overall I have paid ca. 500 GBP for a guitar that would cost me 800 GBP if I bought it in Switzerland (fx rate approx). I would definately buy from Ishibashi again.

It's been a while since a saw a new Fender Japan guitar - but I think there has been a slight decrease in build Quality it's very similar to my MIM - nothing wrong at all, but it feels a little but plasticky somehow, maybe it's the laquer they use? finish is very good. It's been Setup like a shred guitar, extremely close, but easy to alter.. Neck Wood is nice and has a nice grain (can't really see it on the photo) without being a specific type.

not plugged it in yet (that comes shortly!) 

http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj611/Patrick_Redford/Pink2a_zpsaeec07bc.jpg

http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj611/Patrick_Redford/Pink1b_zpsed519aff.jpg

I kind of bought this to be a ridiculous guitar - so will Change the pickups, may some hot rails, or maybe that new Oil City P90 SC...

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Good man! Its a no brainer when brand new mij prices from Ishibashi are cheaper than second hand prices in the UK. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TrotterTrotter Frets: 516
    beaut, good work my man :) 
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7807
    edited February 2015
    I have to say it's extremely pink - much more so than I remember, it kinda like the highlighter pen but a little pinker...

Sounds good, I am impressed with the stock PUPs, nicer than the MIMs which IIRC were the same 68 spec.. little more snap and clarity on these
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    Love it. Would totally rock that.
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    Yea ok that's cool as hell and £500 is brill. Now.... get playing some James Burton licks! Yeeehaw
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    Ooooh thats lovely
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    I've got gas for this now.

What radius/frets? Guessing vintage?
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    Very nice :D

They resent the guitar

That's hardly fair, what do they have against it? :D
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Well done, sir. Welcome to the paisley club :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • That looks amazing!
  • @Loobs

Spec from Fender Japan Site.
    BODY:BASSWOODNECK:MAPLE ONE PIECE
    GRIP SHAPE:OVAL TYPESCALE:324mm
    FRETBOARD:MAPLEFRET:21F VINTAGE
    RADIUS:184RNUT WIDTH:42mm
    PICKUPS:TL VINTAGE (JAPAN) x 2CONTROLS:1 VOL, 1TONE
    SWITCH:3WAYBRIDGE:3SECTION T6 CHROME SADDLE
    TUNER:MHG-SD91 NI
    PICKGUARD:
    OTHER:-

It's very vintage spec and has the very skinny fret wire - not to everyone's taste, but actually I really like it. Means the action is very low... not sure how many fret dressing sit will take though as there is not a lot of metal there...

The thing I notice abut this vs my MIM FSR Black paisley tele, is the old school 3 piece string through bridge really changes the sound, it's very resonant acoustically but also much brighter than the MIM. There could also be a difference due to Basswood vs Alder too though.
  • RickydRickyd Frets: 149
    Well done Teetonetal that's a lot of pink for the money.
  • Nice! 8->
    Link to my trading feedback
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921
    Damn it. My wife is always on at me to get a pink guitar, and now I can't get this out of my mind. HNGD
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3628
    Love it.

Can't go wrong with paisley.
  • gusman2x said:
    Damn it. My wife is always on at me to get a pink guitar, and now I can't get this out of my mind. HNGD
    Do it - Ishibashi still have stock.... :)
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Mmmm... pink paisley.

• gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921
    gusman2x said:
    Do it - Ishibashi still have stock.... :)
    I know. I've checked already!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BGGBGG Frets: 689
    I bought a Fender Richie Kotzen tele from IshiBashi about 5-6 years ago, came in at about £750 all in, thought that was a mega price at the time. And they weren't available outside of japan then ;)
    #thebatesmotelband