Practice amps

BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 769
What are your recommendations for a good practice amp - I'm looking for something that is small, cheap, portable and sounds good clean.
Also, no more than £100.00.
Many thanks in advance.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SamgbSamgb Frets: 774
    Roland Micro Cube?
    Very good cleans. 2 different ones as well - the Roland one and a Blackface model.  
  • s/h Epiphone VJ. Harley-Benton GA5 (if you can find one)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72955
    Vox Mini5 Rhythm

OK it's £109, but £9 for a really quite functional drum machine as an extra practice tool is very well spent.

Also comes with free celebrity endorsement, if you like Metallica.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    edited February 2015
    I have the Roland Cube Lite amp and I really like it.  I use the clean channel and run pedals through it and it sounds good IMO.  The "green" channel (clean) sounds great and the "orange" channel, which is a Fenderish Tweedish overdrive, sound good too.  I'm not keen on the "red" channel, which is a metal distortion, although I don't play metal so I don't like that tone anyway.  I'd definitely get another if mine broke.  The chorus and reverb are fantastic on this thing - although you can't run them both together.  

• Like the broken record I am I will say for the 759th time Vox pathfinder 15r.
  • For under £100 I like the Micro Cube GX. Better sounds than the Vox mini in my opinion, which has too many models, most of which don't do anything for me. It is also noisy. I've had the Yamaha Thr10 which is better than both. That one is quite a lot more expensive though, but worth it if you think you'll use it regularly.
  • LevLev Frets: 228
    Blackstar ID Core, just got the 20w and it sounds fantastic
  • Another vote for the Blackstar ID Core. You'll be fine with the 10W if it's just for practice. Plenty loud enough. I've owned both the 20w and the 10w
  • Thanks for the replies.
    Looks like I've got a long list - I'll have to get myself down to the guitar shop and try these out. 
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31886
    I love these things;

http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/SubZero-V35RG-35w-Guitar-Amp-with-Reverb-by-Gear4music/B7J

Lovely cleans, in fact when I'm practicing at home I'll either grab this or my '68 Custom Princeton, whichever is nearest, and am happy with either.

Best 63 quid I ever spent, better hurry though, they've gone up over a pound every year since I bought mine!
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    edited February 2015
    @p90fool said:
    I love these things;

http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/SubZero-V35RG-35w-Guitar-Amp-with-Reverb-by-Gear4music/B7J

Lovely cleans, in fact when I'm practicing at home I'll either grab this or my '68 Custom Princeton, whichever is nearest, and am happy with either.

Best 63 quid I ever spent, better hurry though, they've gone up over a pound every year since I bought mine!
    Sorry to side-track OP - P90fool - is the reverb any good? Just noticed the one without is £37 ;)

Edit: Actually that is also 15W not 35W - as you were :)

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4787
    Fender Mustang 1, 8" speaker, 20w, £79 from Soundslive. Great amp models and effects.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3690
    Voxman said:
    Fender Mustang 1, 8" speaker, 20w, £79 from Soundslive. Great amp models and effects.
    +1

I have one and it has some really nice sounds, plus more available free on Fender Fuse software that comes with it.