2nd hand JHS Color box value

What's Hot
TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7811
how much do you think a 2nd hand JHS color box is worth. Mint condition all original packing etc..

Thinking about putting mine in a deal as PX (for either the Empress VMSD or FTT flightitme)

Think I'm getting a very bad price on it though...
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• £10 

I'll take it off your hands 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I knew that would be posted
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I knew that would be posted
    Come on, you set me up for it! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22222
    edited December 2015
    If you send it to me now, I'll pay you on Tuesday next week by Western Union. 

Love,

Scammer. 

(ADMIN EDIT: see here)

8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • As for an actual value... whack it on Ebay for £250 with free postage. It's pretty rare to see one of these in the UK secondhand, it's £309 posted in Andertons, and I think you'd get a buyer. 

If you only want to sell in the forum, again try a high price. Set it high, let people haggle you down. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    £200
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    Is the Colour Box as good as reviewers would have you believe? I've only read about it, not heard any demos.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9585
    edited February 2015
    As for an actual value... whack it on Ebay for £250 with free postage. It's pretty rare to see one of these in the UK secondhand, it's £309 posted in Andertons, and I think you'd get a buyer. 

If you only want to sell in the forum, again try a high price. Set it high, let people haggle you down. 

much lower for me Andy...

A niche pedal, in this current market, would probably realise about £175-£190. It's slow out there...

But i might be way off !

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• Sassafras said:
    Is the Colour Box as good as reviewers would have you believe? I've only read about it, not heard any demos.
    IMO I have no ide what all the fuss is about. I placed the thing all over my board, pre, post, loop - can't find a place for it. Where I've been using it with most success is as a vocal pre amp.

PX on some newer, needed stuff is the way forward for me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • As for an actual value... whack it on Ebay for £250 with free postage. It's pretty rare to see one of these in the UK secondhand, it's £309 posted in Andertons, and I think you'd get a buyer. 

much lower for me Andy...

A niche pedal, in this current market, would probably realise about £175-£190. It's slow out there...

But i might be way off !

Thanks for the tips, it's all useful. It's one of those pedals I really considered hanging on to as I think once they discontinue it (and I understand JHS are already struggling to source parts for it - though this could be a made up forum fact) it's price will go up. But I also hate hanging on to gear I don't use.... especially when I can put it towards a VMSD or Flighttime
  • How much are you being offered?
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • about 150
  • I could possibly stretch to 155 ;-)
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9835
    edited February 2015
    Not helpful to the OP I'm afraid, but if anybody wants a different model of colourbox, I myself am available for £50 (per hour)
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • Not helpful to the OP I'm afraid, but if anybody wants a different model of colourbox, I myself am available for £50 (per hour)
    hmm that's quite cheap... available to do what exactly...? You might get a lot of interest...

• much lower for me Andy...

But i might be way off !

That's the thing Waz, it is a decidedly niche item. I'd put it in the same category as the Origin compressors or the expensive Jangleboxes. They aren't products with mass market appeal so they won't sell quickly but there's a decent chance of finding that one buyer who hits it. Donning my best Bargain Hunt hat and face mask, I'd be confident of getting £250 on Ebay for it. Say, £210-ish back after fees and posting. 

• DanchiDanchi Frets: 25
    I had considered buying one of those but i just held back in the end.
    I have a Siegmund Double Drive and i think i'll just keep using that.

• much lower for me Andy...

But i might be way off !

That's the thing Waz, it is a decidedly niche item. I'd put it in the same category as the Origin compressors or the expensive Jangleboxes. They aren't products with mass market appeal so they won't sell quickly but there's a decent chance of finding that one buyer who hits it. Donning my best Bargain Hunt hat and face mask, I'd be confident of getting £250 on Ebay for it. Say, £210-ish back after fees and posting. 
    Imho, if you cleared over £200 you would have swam the channel...
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11892
    I would keep it if the going rate is £150, if they are not selling well then once it's discontinued then prices will go up.
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    You could import a brand new one for a shade over £200 hence my £200 valuation.