JtaylorJtaylor Frets: 182
hi, so i need a new power supply for my mini pedalboard, it needs to power 
wah
tuner
boost
drive
drive
strymon el capistan

to power the el capistan with the harley benton id have to combine two outputs to get 240ma, strymon say 250ma though, will that be alright? id then have to daisy chain the boost and two drives from one output, will that be alright or is it worth paying the extra money for the pedal power 2? that way i could power them all with no daisy chains, but would cost 8 times more

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I've got both the HB jr and the PP2+. In your case I'd probably go for the Harley Benton. The Voodoo Labs is undeniably better made and will probably last longer but the price differential doesn't really justify it unless you're embarking on a world tour or something.

All IMO of course.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11462
    edited February 2015
    Hot Stone Deluxe would do it easily, and is a bit cheaper than PP2.

Edit: PP2 or Hot Stone Deluxe would future proof you a bit more as well in case you want to buy more pedals.  I'm running two of the big Strymons off my Hot Stone Deluxe.
  • JtaylorJtaylor Frets: 182
    ive already got a large pedalboard with two big strymon pedals powered with a gig rig, so expanding isnt a concern, i purposefully build this small pedalboard for small jams etc, will daisy chaining the two drives and the boost matter? and will 240ma be enough for the el capistan?
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3451
    Not sure this fits what you need but I have one of these - http://www.amazon.co.uk/JOYO-JP-02-Isolated-Output-Supply/dp/B00B5X2W4I

One of the outputs on that is 500ma and, using a splitter cable, can power 2 Strymon pedals at the same time. In this case it's a Capistan and a Flint.
    i had already looked at the joyo, but apparently its not got isolated outputs despite what it says on the description of the item...
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2360
    Handiest thing to do would be to run the strymon off its own dedicated supply and then use the HB (isolated, not daisy-chained) for the rest. Assuming you can afford two plug sockets.
    That's a good idea, my only worry is that at the moment im running the el capistan of one plug and the rest of one daisy chain, but the wah reacts terribly when the el capiston is on, its fine if the wah is powered by a battery and the el capiston is on, so the power supply i get id like to be able use them both at the same time, any thoughts on whether itd be ok with the hb
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2360
    I'm really not sure. :)) I guess you could contact strymon to ask if it really needs the 250mA or not?
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11462
    You should normally be able to daisychain 2 drives together.

This thread on TGP says that the El Capistan uses 200mA

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=814140