classic player 60's or deluxe roadhouse ?

What's Hot
I know classic players have a great rep, but know not much of the roadhouse.. I see the specs , and 22 frets sounds interesting. Not sure about the fancy switching though..
Amy views?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7688
    I wish I still had my CP 60s :-(
    Red ones are better. 
  • I really like the CP60s necks, but not the bridge and pickups if I'm honest. So I have a neck from one on my old green squier but Callaham and Rio Grande for the other bits. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Ok we tried them , plus a US made "special" and a US standard.
    They were all nice , but the standard was just so much better. Twice the price , but in the long time worth it. So we blew the budget and got the Standard !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I believe US roadhouses are quite good, but my MIM one has got the most god awful Peter-Stringfellow brown/orange tint to the maple neck that I'm actually making a new neck so I don't have to look at it anymore.

Somewhat amusingly, I thought I was getting a US one when I bought it on ebay as I didn't realise they'd also been made in Mexico. My fault for not checking properly.
    And you know what else? Those safety lids on bottles of sanatogen. There I am trying to get the lid off and along comes my six year old and says "there you are daddy" and it's off in a Jiffy. Someone's gonna get hurt.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markjmarkj Frets: 923

Got a classic player 60's. Much prefer it to my American standard strat I owned.

• I have to admit the CP 60 is an excellent guitar. She knows nor cares about the name or where it was made, she just fell in love with the Standard. She said she feels guilty that she has such a great guitar and does not feel good enough a player to own it.
    Yep I have been a GAS pimp to my daughter :-)