Cricket world cup

What's Hot
KP must be smiling. What a shower of shit.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28353
    England are downright embarrassing at cricket. I've had an interest in the England international game all my life as my mum always liked cricket, but there have been very few times that I have actually enjoyed it to be honest. It is a sport that we are shambolic and inconsistent at. I can't believe that KP is not in the team, it's a total failing of management at every level that they could not find a way to handle him.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Agreed. I'm a project manager and with only one exception I can think of in 15years doing the job the best engineers I have working on my projects need a certain style of management to get the best out of them where you put your own ego aside. I can do this fairly easily and consequently have been pretty successful and am seen as a good PM - mostly through the work those other guys do.

Other PMs in the organisation can't seem to get this 100% and really struggle to their , and the projects, detriment.

England have a few shit egotistical PMs right now, One fine engineer not on the team and lots of apprentices doing the wiring .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11410
    The problems with England and ODIs is structural, you need to pull the whole thing down and start again.

1) ODIs and T20s are approached wrongly. Don't look at the Test team and see who you might leave out. Start with a blank piece of paper and see who fits the bill.
    2) Nobody else who's successful in ODIs has a team full of nurdlers. You need to clear the ropes in powerplays.
    3) Death bowling. There seems to be a fundamental misunderstanding here. For the rest of the cricket playing universe it refers to the last few overs of a game, and the need to refine bowling and fielding tactics. As far as England are concerned it's the period when our hopes of winning a game die.

That'll do for starters.

We're not on the plane home yet, but if we fail to beat Scotland, Bangladesh andf Afghanistan then somoene needs to put a bomb under the ECB to save the game here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom