Just played the perfect practice amp! Blackstar ID Core Beam

spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671
I've never been a huge fan of Blackstar. Generally for me the tone is flat, doesn't work in a band has always just been a bit meh to my ears. I have however just tried an ID Core Beam. Was in a local store getting strings when the Blackstar product guy Steve turned up with one. Figured I'd check it out while I was there. My God! It's perfect. Great sounds, amazing music playback quality, footswitchable presets, fantastic acoustic guitar reproduction. Just brilliant. 

I've always found it hard to get the balance of amp and music playback by using separate bit's of gear. This just worked right out the box. Gotta get one for my office. Just thought I'd let ya'll know if you were curious about them. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1793
    When I went into gear4music recently they had one of these setup streaming music from an ipad (in a nice little stand so that customers could change the album on the ipad), it was very impressive from that point of view (Muse was playing most of the time I was there). I didn't get a chance to put a guitar through it though.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17856
    tFB Trader
    I've got an ID:Core and it's a fun little thing. 

Not being able to change the EQ without a PC is a PITA though.