SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Hamer Standard Flametop

shobetshobet Frets: 180
edited October 2013 in Guitars £
This is a Chinese Hamer Standard Flametop. 

The original pickups have been replaced by a pair of Seymore Duncan pickups, a 59 (59N) in the neck and a Trembucker (TB4) in the bridge.

There are various small dings on the body, the worse being on the top rear corner. There's also a finish imperfection on the back of the neck, it looks like some bubbles in the lacquer, but you can't feel anything where it is so it's purely a cosmetic flaw. 

I'm not exactly sure what the woods are on this as there is contradictory information online, but according to Hamer's information it's going to be a combination of Alder (body), Agathis (top), Rosewood (fretboard) and Mahogany (neck). Scale length the usual Gibson standard and there is plenty of life left in the frets, in fact they've oxidised a bit from lack of use so I'll give them a good polish before I send this off. The chrome on the tailpiece has some surface tarnishes, but otherwise everything is shiny. 

Please note that the guitar has USED lightly stamped on the headstock and the last few digits of the serial number have been removed. Doing some research online led me to the conclusion that this is a factory second instrument that was sold with no warranty. I assume it's marked like this for the blemishes in the finish on the neck as I can't see or feel anything else wrong with it. 

This doesn't get played very much, so she needs a new home. It's a nice cheaper guitar, I would say little, but it's not so little. 

I've put as many pics as I can of the guitar in this post, but there are also more at this address. http://freaky-geeky.com/ebay/hamer_std/ If you want higher resolution copies of the images, please PM me. 

Comes with a full size Hamer case. I'm looking for £200 plus shipping for this. I think shipping is going to be between £10 and £30 depending on the service and insurance you want. 

Do ursus deposit feculence in the thicket?

Here endeth the lesson. 
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments