daughters ngd

What's Hot
Just got home from shop.
She got a new American standard strat in burst.
She is feeling guilty spending so much , but in the long run am sure it was the right thing to do. She needed a reliable gigging guitar.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StevepageStevepage Frets: 3053
    Can't go wrong really. Nearly bought one myself but one Strat is enough for me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    We need pics of your daughter and her new guitar
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27612
    She's earned it!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    She shouldn't feel guilty about the expense, especially as it'll retain a good percentage of its value.Hope she enjoys it :)
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10292
    I think going on from where she is now or potentially could be in the future she deserves it.

If she's still not sure after a week just get her to send it to me.
    >:D<
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • Just finished setting up.
    Was close, but not quite right
    The G was sticking at the nut,. Sorted now, a little easing and some nut sauce. A few minor adjustments, a little playing and should be ok.
    Just A B'd with my 2012. Interesting, mine is more mellow. Hers is a bit punchier.
    Will try to sort some pic's.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited February 2015
    capo4th said:
    We need pics of your daughter and her new guitar
    Ummm...

Anyway, congrats to her! Feeling guilty about the expense is understandable but it's a quality instrument, every musician needs one, and if you have to spend a lot to get the one you want then so be it. It'll repay itself in spades.

As someone wiser than me once said, "the quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten".
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    I remember buying a USA Standard Strat back around 2001, it was my first expensive guitar and I was in my mid 20's. I was so nervous, I handed the cash over then walked straight out the shop without the guitar! Obviously noticed pretty much straight away, but that bell ring on entering the shop again was louder and less descreat than I remembered the first time around!

It was a superb workhorse of a guitar that lasted 10 years through my core gigging years as my main, and often only, guitar.

It's only when the gigging slowed down and I found Internet forums that I realised I wanted more!

Basically, the guilt will pass and a superb instrument will remain.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    Sweet :D
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    @musicebdgf Brilliant stuff - I'm really pleased she got something cool - and in a couple of years it'll be worth a bomb more because she's been playing it... 

Right must finish that err, half-finished email ;)

• @jookychap , no worries just glad to see you in the road to recovery.

I took a tuner with me to make sure it was on concert pitch, and a strap so she was happy standing up (as she does at the gigs . )
    She was drooling over a number of guitars. I think I have introduced her to the wonderful world of gas.

She was scared of spending a lump of her advance. I helped her justify it and said it was like a carpenter buying some chisels,it is a work tool. By buying quality it could last her whole career.
    I am glad though that she is careful about the money. I think the amounts scares her so she careful. Not a bad thing.
  • What amp is she using? She's got the quality guitar, she should really have a quality amp.... That's like a joiner having chisels but no saw.

I looked her up on Youtube and she's really good. There's a great cover of while my guitar gently weeps on there.

Good luck for the future.
  • A very good point . At home she uses mine. She also has a fishman loudbox pro ,and blackstar ht5 at home.
    Gigs are more difficult as she goes by train. Usually uses the house amp, but her boyfriend has a "large fender amp" and lives in London and drives.
    It might be the next thing to consider.
    Right now looking at instrument insurance as suspect the house insurance will not cover doing gigs.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3311
    They're all tools of the trade and a quality instrument for a quality musician. Are endorsements an option?
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Who's your daughter, mate? Curious, like...!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• No one famous, just starting out, but is now full time singer/songwriter. In off topic you can find a thread with a link to sound cloud ti hear some of her songs..
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    No one famous yet, just starting out, but is now full time singer/songwriter. In off topic you can find a thread with a link to sound cloud ti hear some of her songs..
    There, put that right for you ;)

• :-) let's hope
  • Nice choice :)

I've still got my Fender USA Big Apple Strat that i bought when i worked in a music store when i was 19. I'm 34 now and its still my gigging guitar.