Ok so the man in the guitar shop said,

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• My money is on a solid state circuit that will make valves completely redundant.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 559
    I think that I'm about to demonstrate my naivety, I thought that the valve section of the DT25 was significantly reconfigured as part of the digital control?  

• JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1271
    ROOG said:
    grungebob said:
    After buying the DT25 at the beginning of the year I can't think of anything they could do to top it. Now I don't use pod's with it but as a stand alone Amp it's just ace,low volume mode sounds just great too for late night playing that doesn't sound fizzy or Shit.
    I enjoyed the Andertons DT25 demo and was tempted but bought a simple Fender amp in the end. Have any other manufacturers  tried that hybridised combination of modelling and valve tech as claimed by Line 6? 

Fender SuperChamp XD?
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • PyromanPyroman Frets: 58
      JayGee beat me to it:  Fender's Vintage Modified amp line- the SuperChamp XD, and now the X2.  2 channels with a hybrid tube/ss preamp, and a 6v6 tube power amp.  They sound great- I love mine!  Had mine in the shop for some noise, and popping.  The tech found a loose washer.  No more rattle or SQUEEE- POP!   We demo'd it after, and cranked it right up- I'd forgotten how warm sounding it gets when you push it!  Gorgeous light crunch, too.   I'm now in love with voicing 11 ( the Brit 70's. ie a Plexi)- that nice smooth growl!

Also Peavey made a tube version of the Vyper.  I think it was discontinued.   I've only ever met one person who owned one, and he said it was so unreliable, it put him off SS and modellers forever...  My reply was: "I wonder if that's why it was discontinued??"  Too bad- it's a good idea, mixing the best of both worlds.  If only they had designed a TANK, like the best of their other amps.

( for example, I did another demo of a classic 30 yesterday.  I was absolutely in love with the sound.  When I went to pick it up, to have a look at the back, it felt like it was bolted down.  Jeez- for a smallish 1x12 amp, this thing weighs a TON!)